Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Greetings from Madame Sidler! With Oskar helping so helpfully with the Great Library in Ban Rona, and with the Igibys having become household names around these parts, we thought it might be fun to open up a branch library here in your dimension. (A literal branch would’ve suited me best, but this will get us started.)

So, here is the place to have Wingfeathery conversations of all sorts. Questions, deep thoughts, inside jokes, animated series news—let’s just have fun!

A quick note: If you want to post something spoilery, go for it—we have a great tool to keep those spoilers hidden unless someone clicks them. Here’s how.

Here’s a portal that’ll take you directly to Ban Rona, if you should enjoy visiting (and you really should—it’s sugarberry season right now!) At the Main Branch of the Great Library, we’ve got regular updates, tons of art, a full forum full of fun, book club kits, and more.

Whether you’re a seasoned traveler to Aerwiar or have just begun your journey, enjoy! If you need anything… I’ll be around. 😉

::vanishes::

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

I just finished the Wingfeather Saga a week ago and it’s still, of course, lingering beautifully in my heart. I’ve instantly become an ambassador for all things Aerwiar.

Once I finish knitting my current project, I’ll be hunting the Internet for patterns I can combine to make Elder Cadwick, my favorite minor character.

Jokes, you say? Here’s one: I wrote about taking an AP (Advanced Placement) Literature course, which a friend read as an Andrew Peterson literature course. (The Wingfeather Saga is certainly full of much to learn and take to heart!)

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@winterfinch, please please post pictures of Elder Cadwich once you’ve finished him! That sounds marvelous!

I love the idea of an AP Literature course. It is a semi-secret hope of mine to swindle someone into creating a curriculum for teachers to use in their English classes. (More AP jokes: All-purpose flour. Active participle. APs are everywhere!)

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

I should clarify that the AP Literature “joke” is a true story that happened just yesterday, not just a made-up joke.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Even better. 🙂

Mandy
    Hutchmate
    @mandy

I’m so late getting hooked by the Wingfeather Saga, but better later then never. Right?

My daughter and I just finished the first book the other night and now we’re starting with book number 2.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@mandy, definitely better late than never! Welcome to Aerwiar—I’m so thrilled for you! 😀

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Introducing Friday Night Fights! There’s a new thread in the Wingfeather forum, where we’ll post periodic matchups between characters and creatures from Wingfeather and other books. The first one was posted today. Come play with us. 😀

Friday Night Fights

I like this. A lot.

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

As I tweeted:

Let it be known that the three main branches of the forums are truly the THAGS.

(I propose that the forums just become Word, Form, and Song.)

1 user thanked author for this post.

@winterfinch I love it! The THAGs encompass all the important things. (Along with some important Guilds.)

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

As I tweeted: Let it be known that the three main branches of the forums are truly the THAGS. (I propose that the forums just become Word, Form, and Song.)

i adore this.

I was just looking for stock photos and found a picture including some of the Wingfeather books! https://pixabay.com/en/books-reading-girl-people-1605416/

@mrs-hittle I wanted to let you know that the Wingfeather Saga has gained three new fans recently. Our reference librarian, Andrew Tweet (what a cool and relevant last name, right?), started reading the series to his kids aloud after I asked him to purchase the titles. Yesterday, he told me they had made it to the last book and were enjoying finding Madame Sidler online in the forums.

You do good work! 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.

@ohheybailz! That is so wonderful to hear! Thank you so much. ^_^

@katewillis, that is so cool!

It is a semi-secret hope of mine to swindle someone into creating a curriculum for teachers to use in their English classes.

@mrs-hittle, I would *love* to be a contributor for such a project, should it come to fruition. When I first read all four books back to back (the summer of ’14) my head was exploding with ideas for critical essays like the ones I had read when doing all those British lit research papers in college. So many themes to explore…

I’m currently reading through the Saga again (this time aloud with my husband and oldest son on Sunday afternoons) and it’s fun to watch their discovery while *I* know the end from the beginning (and refuse to give spoilers). To traverse them again for scholarship would be a delight. Surely I’m not the only one who feels this way…

"I really wasn't a reader, until I started reading." -Mick Donahue

2 users thanked author for this post.

@racheldonahue That is so exciting to hear! i’m not sure how to go about creating such a thing; the closest i know how to come is the book club kit i created for the first book, and that’s not remotely scholarly. Do you teach? Either way, a literature background would make you an excellent co-conspirator! i’d love to hear your ideas!

@mrs-hittle, no, I’m not a teacher. Alas, my husband is the one with that gifting. I’m more of a lifetime student (a Learner, according to the StrengthsFinder). If we could get input from teachers on the kind of things they’d need (or even something concrete to model it after, other than CliffsNotes) I think I could help write content. I’m not sure what teachers look for when approaching literature for the classroom. (Any Rabbit teachers with insight into this?) Is it helpful to have a list of themes to look for as you go through? Key questions by section for plot/character development? Or some kind of resource for research like a collection of essays exploring various themes/developments through the whole story? A blank canvas is too bewildering to me. I like to be given an assignment. 😉

"I really wasn't a reader, until I started reading." -Mick Donahue

That is a good question. i don’t know who the teachers are around here. i know we have several homeschooling families, and @misslinda has taught using Wingfeather. Maybe i’ll post an all call in the Facebook group. It’d be great if we could find one or two teachers who were familiar with Common Core requirements, so that the curriculum could be used by home, private, charter, and public school teachers.

i would LOVE a collection of essays on various Wingfeather topics! My college literature professor (@charliew-starr) suggested something similar.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.