Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
  • I need a safe space to confess that I still haven’t started Wingfeather Tales because I can’t bear the thought of finishing them and having no more Wingfeather to read. I know, it’s sad. Anyone else?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

I’m working on a Wingfeatherian essay or two as you guys speak! Seems that several of us had the same idea at the same time.

2 users thanked author for this post.

@scottjames, I’m with you. Wingfeather Tales is sitting on the shelf, unopened. It helps that I’m currently reading through the series again with my 9-year-old (his first time through). I figured it would be more fun to “discover” Wingfeather Tales together, though that may be a while… 🙂 With all the buzz, though, it’s hard not to sneak a peek!

"I really wasn't a reader, until I started reading." -Mick Donahue

@scottjames I can completely understand wanting to save that last bit of wingfeatheryness untouched so that you know that world will always still have something new for you. I thought about doing that, but realistically, I can’t…too many kids at church would start talking and spoil things for me as soon as they got their books. I can’t wait until I know Andrew is going to write something else or I would know every detail about it from kids who don’t realize that I don’t know yet. So I jumped in immediately, and I don’t really regret it at all. There is so much room for the imagination in the Wingfeather tales that it doesn’t feel like an end to anything.

Another good side of having young friends is that I know Wingfeathers are in no danger of ceasing to exist, because fan fiction is already being made. I have read a rare partial manuscript of “Squirrel gets away” by Cloodge (as referenced in a footnote in On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness).

So, yes, I do understand. Take all the time you need, but when you do finally read it, I think you will find “Wingfeather Tales” is not really an ending, it is more of an expansion, and sets the imagination going wild in lots of directions.

1 user thanked author for this post.

“Wingfeather Tales” is not really an ending, it is more of an expansion, and sets the imagination going wild in lots of directions.

Really well said, Mary. And he definitely will be writing more, but it takes him so much longer to write than it does us to read that i totally sympathize with not wanting to run out of stories! i’m a rereader, though. That helps a lot. No story is the same the second time, but sometimes it’s even better.

i’ve totally failed to mention this here, but we’re currently running a Wingfeather Tales book club at the Wingfeather site. We just finished the first story yesterday, and people can jump in anytime (including this summer, or next year, or five years hence, or whenever, because comments are always open and conversations in the forum often get resurrected when new people discover them).

Just the idea of Wingfeather essays makes me so happy. i would LOVE to read (and post?!) all of your essays! (And i am sort of dying to read Squirrel Gets Away…)

@racheldonahue, @missmary, and @mrs-hittle, you’ve convinced me to quit being a chicken. WT is next up in the queue.

@scottjames, WOOT! (The obvious response to reading WT. Haha!)

@winterfinch, what are the topics of your essays? I’m thinking about writing one or two just to flex my muscles a bit in that direction, but there are SO many places to start… Figured I’d avoid the ones you’re already covering. 🙂

Cool things currently happening at the Great Library:

• One of our forum-dwellers also happens to be an author, and he recently started up a young authors’ group he calls The Flabbit Room. 🙂 He and other members submit their writing to the group for beta reading and suggestions. He’s whipped up an official site, and we’re hosting their forum. This is my favorite thing of the year so far. Art nourishing community, and community nourishing art. 🙂
    • The Wingfeather Tales readalong is reading Pete’s short story this week. To celebrate (i love that story!), today’s blog post featured a fan art dragon.

Something else super cool is coming in a few weeks. No spoilers. 😉 But seriously: SUPER cool.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hello? (Steps forward slightly.) I didn’t see any “Adults Only” sign so I’m just going to assume that I’m allowed to post over here… 🙂

Thank you @mrs-hittle! I am excited about how well the Flabbit Room is going. We already have four stories and more coming soon!

Super cool? No spoilers? A few weeks!!?? I was already having trouble getting to sleep at night, thank you very much. 😉

ELIA! This is NOT adults only and I’m delighted to see you here. We are kindred spirits, even if I am old enough to be your mother. 😛

I’ve been debating joining the Flabbit Room as a feedback giver only because I don’t really write, but I’m afraid I will overcommit and fail to follow through. It is a bad trait that I am trying to resist. But I love watching what you all are doing and maybe someday I will have time and energy to get involved.

In other randomly Wingfeathery thoughts, I’ve been considering trying to write something on the contrasting models of church community and leadership represented in the cultures of the Green Hollows and Clovenfast. But of course, these random musings have not even made it past the point of vague thoughts. There is no organization or even written notes, so no one should be holding their breath waiting for me to finish. It might not happen. But there is plenty of content there if someone DID get around to writing it.

Profile photo of Rachel Donahue
    Rachel Donahue
    Hutchmate
    @racheldonahue

The Flabbit Room. Ha! I love it! Welcome, @eliatyson

I’ve been considering trying to write something on the contrasting models of church community and leadership represented in the cultures of the Green Hollows and Clovenfast.

@misslinda this sounds fascinating. It’s a thought worth fleshing out. I encourage you to pursue it!

Profile photo of Elia Tyson
    Elia Tyson
    Hutchmate
    @eliatyson

@misslinda the Flabbit Room is for editors and readers, too! Even if you don’t write or even read all of the stories, we would love to have you! Your story idea sounds interesting, by the way.

@racheldonahue thank you! I the quote at the bottom of you post. Same here. 🙂

ELIA TYSON! I am always glad to see you. 🙂 Welcome to the Rabbit Room! Everyone, may I please present the Proprietor of The Flabbit Room himself!

Thanks @mrs-hittle! I enjoy following you around online, because wherever you are there is generally a Wingfeather conversation going on (just about my favorite topic in the world).

It may be true that I’m the proprietor of The Flabbit Room, but it couldn’t have happened without your help and the use of the website, and of course all of the wonderful Flabbits who have joined and contributed to the ever-growing list of stories. Thanks to everyone who is helping!

Ah, the ceiling is creaking again. We had a family of cats living up there. We grabbed the two babies out of the ceiling (one of them just this morning), but the parents are still roaming around (one of them dented a ceiling tile tonight, the same one it already broke through a few weeks ago). The kittens are cute, but the one we caught this morning is older and meaner than the first one.

Anyway, I’m going to bed (assuming I don’t find any giant centipedes or spiders in the bathroom – random note: I had a giant flying cocrach land on me at a hotel bathroom when I was in Bangkok with a Thai family that works with us last week. It was huge).

I enjoy following you around online, because wherever you are there is generally a Wingfeather conversation going on (just about my favorite topic in the world).

@eliatyson, ha! That is basically true. You can’t take me anywhere. This is why we get along so well.

It may be true that I’m the proprietor of The Flabbit Room, but it couldn’t have happened without your help and the use of the website, and of course all of the wonderful Flabbits who have joined and contributed to the ever-growing list of stories. Thanks to everyone who is helping!

I hereby convene this Mutual Admiration Society Meeting! ::pounds gavel:: I love the way the Maker brings us together and helps us create things which none of us could create on our own. He prepares good works in advance for us to walk in, and we need each other. Today is the anniversary of the Animated Series Kickstarter, by the way! If that’s not proof that colaboring is the best laboring, I don’t know what is.

You are having quite an adventure! I saw your little kitty face in the ceiling on Instagram. So cute. I hope very sincerely that you find no centipedes, spiders, or ::shudder:: flying cockroaches on your way to bed.

“Get some rest! It’s for the best!” 😉

There were no centipedes spiders, or giant flying cocraches, but there was a miniature cockroach tha scurried around on the floor while is was brushing my teeth.

Speaking of anniversaries, it’s been one month since we opened the Flabbit Room forum! (Thai time, anyway, I guess it’s still the first over there.) Eight subscribers and four stories! Can’t wait to see what everyone does this next month!

Profile photo of Laure Hittle
    Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

It’s been a whole month?! Incredible. Congratulations, sir. 🙂

Has it really been that long? Wow. Welcome to the Rabbit Room Elia. You will like it here I am very sure.  I lurk around both places a good bit and love them both.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.