Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Ban Rona Branch Library (all things Wingfeather)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

FYI, has everyone seen the new artwork for Glipwood? It was backers-only until yesterday. 🙂

Glipwood by the Sea

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

It’s marvelous–but you already know I think that because of my Instagram ravings yesterday. I’m a backer, but I didn’t see it until yesterday. Where was it before that?

I can’t help but wonder if the Kickstarter would’ve been even bigger if Nicholas Kole’s art for it had been around then. (All of his Wingfeather stuff so far is amazing!)

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@winterfinch, it was in last week’s backer-only update. (Check your email or the Kickstarter page, because it also included the Igiby home! The Glipwood artwork is in the video update.) And I totally agree about Nicholas Kole.

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

I didn’t get an email for it, so the update on the Kickstarter page is new to me! Other backers, check the page in case you missed it. The artwork is a thing to marvel at, for sure.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Save the date! Next Tuesday at 7:30 Central, Andrew is going to be hosting a live chat with DKM at the Wingfeather Facebook page. 🙂 Details at the website!

cassowary-soon

TONIGHT! In just about three hours!!! Andrew Peterson and Douglas McKelvey are doing a live chat on the Wingfeather Saga Facebook page. 🙂 It starts at 7:30 Central. See you there!

DKMWingfeather-Tales-cover-lightAndrews-beard

Attachments:

Release day! We now have a book club kit for North! Or Be Eaten. It’s available at the Wingfeather site as a free PDF download. 🙂 There’s a kit for the first book, also, and i am hoping book three doesn’t take me a full year like this one did. 😉

Huge thanks to a few wonderful helpers, @misslinda and @missmary among them!

North! Or Be Eaten book club kit (finally!)

Random question: what’s the plural form of squeeblin? Is it “squeeblins”? And might one be found in the Jungles of Plontst? (I’m following a wild idea as a fun creative writing exercise, but I need answers.) @mrs-hittle?

"I really wasn't a reader, until I started reading." -Mick Donahue

@racheldonahue Yes, according to Pembrick, the plural form is squeeblins. Other interesting derivatives of squeeblin include “squeeblinish” and “besqueeblined”. For more information see Pembrick’s Creaturepedia and The Wooing of Sophelia Stupe.

2 users thanked author for this post.

@racheldonahue As for their living in Plontst, none of the sources say. They most certainly do live in Skree, and you would think creatures that small would find their way into a ship’s hold and sneak across the Dark Sea at some time or another. So, I would say probably, but that doesn’t come from Mr. Peterson or any of the Wingfeather Tales authors.

@racheldonahue, @eliatyson is a fearsome researcher and comes with my endorsement.

The softish squeeblin does in fact hail from Plontst, however. That information is not found in the Creaturepedia entry but in the introduction.

I am so interested to hear more about your story!

@eliatyson, I suspect you are correct that squeeblins sneak around Aerwiar. Since Pembrick wasn’t able to assume which variety he was seeing in Skree, that means that no matter where each variety comes from you might also find them elsewhere. After all, you cannot trust a squeeblin.

Thanks @mrs-hittle! I didn’t think to look in the introduction.

@eliatyson Kindle search! My librarian secret. 😉

Many thanks, @mrs-hittle and @eliatyson! This is most helpful! I recently finished Wingfeather Tales, and The Wooing of Sophelia Stupe was delightful. I think it must have been part of what sparked the inspiration to flesh out a story idea I’ve had ruminating. I’m so happy to hear that the squeeblin originates in the Jungles of Plontst, because I decided to attempt to tell this story in the style of Horton Hears a Who. 😉

I’d be happy to share it here when it’s finished, but until then here are a few lines:

Come gather, dear children, I’ll tell you a tale
    Of a furry small creature who had to bewail
    The taking of something quite precious to him.
    What’s more, it was stolen by some of his kin.

As you know, in the heart of the Jungles of Plontst,
    Where the kingdom of trolls is deeply ensconced,
    There live fearsome creatures–the squeeblins by name–
    Who cannot be trusted although they look tame.

I’m a bit proud of myself for finding a word to rhyme with Plontst. 😀

@racheldonahue, i LOVE THIS. XD XD XD Good job rhyming with Plontst, too. XD Have you written any more?!

@mrs-hittle I’ve finished the rough draft. It needs some work, but I’m happy with the shape it’s taking. 🙂 I wish I could draw well enough to illustrate it!

@racheldonahue Oh my goodness! Why did it not occur to us to have a live reading at Hutchmoot! Plontstmoot!

@mrs-hittle Ha! Oh dear. I’m sure that would have been far outside my comfort zone. Although, with some work, maybe next year… 😉  (Mick has already mentioned “next year” to a friend… Eeeee! I do so hope we get to come back.)

@racheldonahue Next year in Franklin!

Haha! It wouldn’t have to be a a huge, public reading… but it would thrill me to death to hear it! 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.