Blogging

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
  • Hello! I’m a new blogger, and I figured I’d come over here and share a little of what I have and see if people have insights. I’m taking a New Media class for my Creative Writing degree, and we’re being taught how to construct a writer’s platform, including a website and a blog. My website is called River Writings, and I’ve started sharing some of my short stories and also my blog. We were taught to have a focus for our blog, so that it doesn’t get too scattered. I decided that my focus should be a mix of positive/encouraging blogs with a focus on uplifting stories of kindness and ideas for random acts of kindness people can do themselves, combined with the occasional interactive short story prompt post, wherein I let my readers suggest prompts, which I then have to pick from and write a short story for the following week.

I admit I’m feeling a little disjointed so far; I’ve never run a blog before, and it feels weird trying to keep it to certain topics. Any suggestions on how much leeway I can give myself with deviating the topics, or even cool encouraging things you think I should write about? If you’re interested in checking out what I have so far (three blogs and four short stories, although my first prompt blog is going up tomorrow), I’d love to hear your input!

“Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” – Renee Jain

@alind Thanks for the link to your travel blog! Such beautiful pictures! I would love to go to the Orca Islands some day! I love islands. 🙂

I also travel blog…sort of. I mash creative writing and travel and photography all in one blog. Most of the time it works out ok, I think. You can judge for yourself here.

I’m really trying to post at least once a week, and I’ve kept it up for a while now, so I’m excited about that since I’m not known for my consistency. Haha!

@dananicole, thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed my photo blog. It’s served as a photo album of sorts for me, and I love sharing my pictures with other people. It’s sadly neglected, but summer will come soon enough and then I’ll take more pictures.

I really enjoyed checking out your blog! I like your blend of writing and photos. Keep it up! Hawaii definitely has a spot in my heart. It was fun to see your pictures of the Big Island, because I just visited it for the first time last year. Such an amazing place for photography.

Have you checked out @baileyeliza ‘s blog? She’s also in Hawaii!

@alind, thanks for the comments! The Big Island was just lovely. And yes, Bailey and I actually attend the same church! I’m here because of her. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.