Community Fridge

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Community Fridge

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • Author
  • Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

@jill I have been looking at your photo for a while now. I really like it, and it draws me in, the composition would do that no matter what, but it is more than just the composition. I don’t think I have ever been to that particular place (wherever it is) but it has enough elements of peaceful retreat centers and pleasant memories that it makes me feel like I know just what it would be like to be there resting on that porch in the afternoon having time to reflect, pray, and really talk with whoever is around. All that peacefulness and rest and simplicity is captured in the photo somehow. Really lovely.

@missmary Thank you for your thought filled comment!  The location is indeed a retreat center – Shrinemont in Virginia.  http://shrinemont.com/

@sherrirose, thank you for sharing those books with me. I want to read some of them. I have read Maus and some of the Bone Series. I will check out the others. Have you read, Three Shadows? It’s one of my favorite graphic novels…although I’m not much of an expert.

@kyra-hinton and @smithmeaganm, HOW WONDERFUL! I love the pics you shared and your works! Wish I could have listened in on your conversation and laughter. So good to get to create together.

@jill, I just saw your photo. I think I missed it…anyway…I think it’s already been said but it’s complex and simple at the same time. How do you do that? 🙂

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

During @andrew‘s StageIt show last night I was reminded of this poster I did for “Dark Before the Dawn”. There are so many great words that I couldn’t narrow down to just a few. I wanted you to easily read the main bridge from afar, and then read all the other words as you get closer to the piece. This what I came up with:

Now just to print it and cover every wall in my house with AP lyrics. 👍🏼

1 user thanked author for this post.

Sherri Rose
    Hutchmate
    @sherrirose

@dwbaker You’re welcome! I haven’t heard of Three Shadows, so I looked it up on Amazon. It looks like it would be the kind of graphic novel I would enjoy reading. Thank you for recommending it.

@kyra-hinton This watercolor is divine.

@careypace Yowzer. Stunning!

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

Thank you, @helena.

Kate Willis
    Hutchmate
    @katewillis

You all have such beautiful work! Thank you for sharing it!

New photo for the fridge…snapped a few days ago in the neighborhood

rose

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

@jill Oh, how lovely. What a perfect rosebud..and I love the drops still on it.

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

Wow! Gorgeous picture and memory! Thanks for sharing this.

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

I love this thread. I have read through every comment and followed the link to Dawn’s (@dwbaker) gorgeous oil paintings. I have savored the art offered in every form: jewelry, photography, pottery, illustration, posters.  My previous comment was meant to be a reply to @kyra-hinton regarding her stunning watercolor. I clicked reply on that post, but it bumped it to the end of the thread and has no connection to that specific post that I can see. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong? Also, I’d like to tag you all with your user name, but I’m doing linguistic gymnastics trying to figure out how to talk about your work using the tag, but not adding the ‘s to make it possessive, which would nullify the tag. Or would it? Maybe these things are addressed in the tutorials. I’m overwhelmed as I’m trying to figure it out, because I want to engage on the forums, but it’s a lot to learn for a low-tech person.

Also, @missmary, I would love to see more of your jewelry. If you posted a link to the etsy site, I haven’t been able to find it.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

@jbfullyalive I love this thread too. I *think* it is normal for all replies to go to the bottom of the thread, but I haven’t been around here long enough to really know. It seems to be that way.

I think it does nullify the tag if you add anything to it, but you can always separate it with a space (which looks a little weird, but makes it work).  Or just use direct address, which seems to be my default method…start with their user name all by itself and then say whatever I want without the gymnastics…because my brain can’t do it right and my grammar is not up to it.

I don’t have anything in my etsy shop, because while I have one, I never stock it. I do have a website with more stuff on it. @misslinda  says I should warn you all that it is very out of date and someday she intends to overhaul it, but it does have more pictures.  http://www.rocknsilver.net  Have fun looking at stuff. There are more pottery pictures there too.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I clicked reply on that post, but it bumped it to the end of the thread and has no connection to that specific post that I can see. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?  

@jbfullyalive, we’ve disabled nested replies because they were making conversations too difficult to follow. If you’d like to reply to someone, try using the “quote” button like I’ve just done.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Also, I’d like to tag you all with your user name, but I’m doing linguistic gymnastics trying to figure out how to talk about your work using the tag, but not adding the ‘s to make it possessive, which would nullify the tag. Or would it?  

Leave it to us in the Rabbit Room to be concerned that we use our possessive punctuation correctly!

You’re doing great @jbfullyalive!

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

Thank you @pete , @missmary, and @carrieg

Ha ha @carrieg ! I’m usually not that picky about grammar. I can’t afford to be as I’m not as educated as most of the rabbits and find myself questioning, googling, guessing and editing. Still, I have some standards and it feels weird. Honestly, it’s more about fear of looking stupid and insecurity about my lack of a degree. It restricts my input online, which is my fault alone and irritates me.

@pete was that ‘Thanks’ button there this morning? I didn’t see it until now and I really like it.

Thanks to @missmary for your helpful reply and the link. The jewelry is exquisite. I love it!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

@jbfullyalive, I just added the “thanks” function this morning based on feedback from some folks.

Also note that if you click the “text” button when typing a reply you can start typing a person’s username with the @ symbol and you’ll get an autofill list to make it easier. I wish we could enable that in the “visual” editor, but it’s not possible for some reason.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

I’m usually not that picky about grammar. I can’t afford to be as I’m not as educated as most of the rabbits and find myself questioning, googling, guessing and editing. Still, I have some standards and it feels weird. Honestly, it’s more about fear of looking stupid and insecurity 

This is me too. I know I use grammar incorrectly when I am on forums, and usually I don’t care (improper use of parentheses are a favorite and bad comma usage). Here I feel like I should be fixing it because OTHER people might care. I probably am as educated as some of the others, but I didn’t major in English, and I am not being graded on this (I hope). I am trying to make myself just say what I want to say and not go back and fix anything because I can’t be really myself and be editing my grammar at the same time, it feels like presenting a false front to me, though it might not be, so sorry to the Rabbits who really like proper grammar you get run on sentences and too many parentheses (just like this one).

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

This is me too. I know I use grammar incorrectly when I am on forums, and usually I don’t care (improper use of parentheses are a favorite and bad comma usage). Here I feel like I should be fixing it because OTHER people might care. I probably am as educated as some of the others, but I didn’t major in English, and I am not being graded on this (I hope). I am trying to make myself just say what I want to say and not go back and fix anything because I can’t be really myself and be editing my grammar at the same time, it feels like presenting a false front to me, though it might not be, so sorry to the Rabbits who really like proper grammar you get run on sentences and too many parentheses (just like this one).

Yes @missmary, that’s exactly it. I’ve seen so many memes and posts being critical of grammar mistakes, even to the point of joking about wanting to gouge out their eyes and vomiting, that I hold back, which is a bad habit I want to break. I also don’t mind things like “LOL”, emoticons and emojis. I think they are silly and fun, but I only employ them with certain friends I know share in my amusement.

Well, so far no one here has been anything but welcoming or said anything about weird grammar. I would try harder if they did or if I knew that it bugged any particular person, but yeah, there is always the risk of annoying someone and not knowing it, but I hope that what we share not just that we like the arts or books, but especially what we share in Christ, will be enough to overcome our grammatical missteps.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.