Community Fridge

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Community Fridge

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Author
  • Oh, and @pete Thanks for the thanks button. I didn’t know I wanted one until I had it. I have never seen that on a forum anywhere and it is really perfect to have.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

You’re so right @missmary. I’m afraid I derailed this topic a bit, so I shall add something to our “fridge” and bring it back. I appreciate the excellent work displayed on this forum thus far. I’m not a professional and do not have training. I would enjoy classes at some point. The art I make is more like a journal entry or prayer. It’s a way to express myself and share something I think God is teaching me when words aren’t sufficient.

Hopefully this image will load o.k. It’s an image that came to mind when contemplating the Scripture passage about faith that moves mountains:
    And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. Matthew 21: 21 (AMP)

It’s also a picture for me about the spiritual realities of authority, power and strength. When we are weak, He is strong.

Attachments:

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

@jbfullyalive I like this, it is nice and simple composition, but so much is happening. I REALLY love the sizing on the speech bubbles so it is clear whose power is really doing the work here. And I love the way the water is reacting to the mountain and the wave is piling up behind it. It is MOVING quickly there and I can tell it from the sky and the water, and the eagerness of the mountain’s tilt that it WANTS to get in that water where it is supposed to be.

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

Thank you for the kind words @missmary

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

@jbfullyalive That is such a sweet painting! I love it and all of @missmary‘s observations about it are perfect. Drawing or painting my relationship with God was what got me into art actually. If I was confused or uncertain about God, she’d always ask me what our relationship would look like if I had to draw it, and then had me ask God what our relationship looks like in His perspective. Now I can’t count how many times I’ve asked that question to other girls, because it really does help give clarity about the state of our hearts and His. Anyway, that’s what your post reminded me of Jennifer! Thank you for sharing!

@missmary has the most encouraging observations. I want to put her in my pocket. 🙂 @jbfullyalive, thank you for sharing your work with us and for showing us your heart.

Meagan M. Smith
    Hutchmate
    @smithmeaganm

This is an image of a church in Greenbriar County West VA that was destroyed by the flooding. Last Saturday, I went with my church, Fincastle Baptist Church, and their Go Team up just an hour north of here where the massive floods destroyed so much. The church sign read “Worry about nothing, pray for everything”.  You can view all of my photos from the outreach, here.

Hi, I’m new here. 🙂 I love to write – used to draw – still like to take photos, mostly on my smartphone. I love nature closeups and capturing detail. Here is one of my favorites, taken in Maitland, FL, in the Maitland Art Center gardens. I’d like to know if anyone else enjoys it.

(hope this works)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vVnUOBUx0OVHNwZmNfTVRUUUE/view?usp=sharing

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

Oh, @daniellec That is absolutely beautiful! I adore water lilies so much that it has become a thing between God and I. My heart jumps a little bit every time I see one, and your photo is gorgeous. I love it.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

@daniellec I don’t know how it took me this long to notice that there was a post in the art section. I really love that picture. My eye is instantly drawn to the middle of the flower, of course (if there were such a thing as a purple flame, I am pretty sure it should look like that…so cool).  When I am finally able to step back and see the whole thing though I really love the subtle reflections of light on dark water in the background. It kind of makes the whole thing have a cool (temperature wise…not just on the awesomeness scale) unified look that goes really well with the flower. I realize a great deal of that was God’s doing (he painted the flower and put the sky there to reflect) but the composition really does work.

Thanks for you comments. It blesses me more than you know to see that other people enjoy these pictures. Thanks also to @smithmeaganm for coming up with the idea of a community fridge. I love it. (I confess that at first sight I thought the forum would have something to do with food…then I comprehended the idea of art posted on the fridge!) Here’s another one. This was a sunflower I found at my local produce market and I loved the way the light was hitting it. Again, I’ll have to just post the link until I become more technologically advanced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vVnUOBUx0OajdKZXA5aHhIRUE/view?usp=sharing

@daniellec You found THAT at the produce market? It looks like it could just waking up and saying “good morning”.  They always seem so cheerful!

I’m really happy with how this turned out…

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

@jill that is beautiful! What kind of flower is that?

@kyra-hinton I am guessing a phlox variant? maybe phlox divaricata?

@jill That is a beautiful picture. The clarity and brilliance give it a pure look. Very nice.

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

Wanted to share some beach/ocean imagery I made in June.

@careypace Beautiful!

only been official member for an hour or so and this is my first post – first attempt at tagging someone – so hopefully this works… @jbfullyalive _ Jennifer Bast – just wondered if you have any link to the Maori of New Zealand? I see on your profile you are in the States but the lovely image you posted has a real sense of Kiwi…

Jennifer Bast
    Hutchmate
    @jbfullyalive

Hi @helyn. I have no connection that I know of. Maybe I have some Kiwi roots several generations back? That’s fun to think about. Thanks for asking.

I’m catching up on this thread after several weeks. I love @missmary ‘s commentaries, as the beauty you all have shared is worthy of such attention and praise. All I can say is your photos of flowers and the beach are exquisite and evoke the loveliest of feelings.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.