Feature Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Feature Requests

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Please use this thread to suggest features you’d like to see added to the site. We can’t promise we’ll add them, but we’re anxious to make improvements where we can.

Suggested Feature List

• Add date stamp to archived posts (unlikely since the archives are sortable by date)
    • Add Facebook and website fields to profiles DONE
    • Add same formatting options for both comments and forums. (These toolbars are intentionally different.)
    • Make song titles in the radio player link to the item in the store. (Currently not possible due to technical limitations)
    • Sell individual tracks in the store. (We will do this at the same time that we begin selling books by individual chapter)
    • Add ability for users to upload pictures/files to forums and comments (Unlikely as it would require us to host those images and scan them.)
    • Add duration to Podcasts (Already exists…once you click play)
    • Make Videos searchable (Video content shows up in site-wide searchs, but we’ll look into making videos sortable.)
    • Add dates to previews in post archives (Archives are already sortable by date. For design reasons, we don’t intend to add dates to other previews).
    • Add “scroll to bottom” button to go to bottom of forum topics. (Added pagination, which should eliminate the need.)
    • Add ability for users to “Favorite” blog posts.
    • When logging in, direct user back to last page rather than home page.
    • Add “spoiler” and “poll” short code buttons to toolbars
    • Add “@” autocomplete box to forum and blog comments

Note: in order to keep things manageable, replies to this thread are deleted once they have been discussed and/or added to this list.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Profile photo of Pete Peterson
    Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

cutting and pasting from Word is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Profile photo of Linda Rogers
    Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

Apparently so. I could edit and remove the tags, but I didn’t know I was including any until I saw my post. Oh well.

Profile photo of Chris Yokel
    Chris Yokel
    Hutchmate
    @chrisyokel

@pete

In going back and upgrading my posts for the new website, I realized there is no “Poetry” category. That would be nice to have.

Sincerely, a poet 🙂

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

You are smoking crack, @chrisyokel. There is a poetry category!

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

In fact, there is SO much a category for poetry that it’s featured at the top of every page in the nav bar. Hah!

Profile photo of Sandy
    Sandy
    Hutchmate
    @sjohnson

Is there any way we could pop out the radio player?
    It would be really neat to have a small window we could pop out and put on the side of our screen to keep listening to the Rabbit Room even if we’ve closed the site out!

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

We considered that, @sjohnson, but decided against it. The radio feature is only possible because it helps support the artists by driving traffic on the RR site and toward the store. It wouldn’t be fair to the artists involved to let the music play outside the side itself.

Profile photo of Sandy
    Sandy
    Hutchmate
    @sjohnson

@pete  that’s completely understandable!  Thanks for letting me know!

Profile photo of Lisa Eldred
    Lisa Eldred
    Hutchmate
    @firstcrusader

This is a long-term request, I’m sure, but any chance of making at least the forum available as an app? One of the advantages of the Facebook group was that it was directly embedded in the average person’s daily life and workflow; for myself, for example, the first thing I do in the morning is roll over and check Facebook. As this stands now, the forum (especially on mobile) adds a number of extra steps to participate (open browser, open bookmark, slower scroll because spacing between topics wasn’t sized for mobile, etc.) Creating a version specifically designed for mobile would encourage us who hardly ever use computers at home to more quickly join in.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I’m afraid that’s not possible 🙁

Profile photo of Carey Pace
    Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

I know I use the Tapatalk app to access other forums I participate in via my phone, which makes it much easier to navigate. Is that possible for this forum? Perhaps that would solve your problem, @firstcrusader?

Profile photo of Lisa Eldred
    Lisa Eldred
    Hutchmate
    @firstcrusader

@careypace, that’s worth a shot. Tapatalk’s getting horrible reviews on iOS right now, though. 🙁

Profile photo of John Barber
    John Barber
    Hutchmaster
    @barberjo

One feature that would be rad is the ability to send a Friend Request from a forum post, rather than drilling down a level. Sorry if this has been mentioned already…

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

Is it, @firstcrusader?  I’m both a slacker and rebel and resist updating my iOS until I know all the kinks are worked out.  Maybe that’s a blessing in this case.

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

Maybe, I’m just missing it.  If I hit the “reply” button next to each post, it just brings me to the window to post something.  It doesn’t automatically tag the person I’m replying to… That would be handy, if it auto populated the text window with the “@whoever,” particularly if they use a creative username instead of their name.

I’d like a room called “Chew the Fat” where we can just hang out and have fun.

Profile photo of Rich Tuttle
    Rich Tuttle
    Hutchmate
    @richtuttle

Just took a look a Northeast Rabbits group. Am I right that the posts in a ‘group’ are public but one cannot post to a group unless one is a member? Is there an option to create a group where members only can view posts?

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

@richtuttle, When you create a group you can set it to be: Public (open and visible to everyone), Private (everyone can see that it exists, but only people you give access to can view the content), and Hidden (existence and content are visible only to those who are invited).

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

The Northeast Rabbits group that someone created is a Public group, open to anyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.