Feature Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Feature Requests

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Author
  • Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I’d like a room called “Chew the Fat” where we can just hang out and have fun.

@jomarch, that’s what the Community Round Table forum is for. Feel free to create a topic there called “Chew the Fat.”

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Tim & Kirsten
    Hutchmate
    @timandkirsten

@richtuttle, I set the group to public when I created it. There is an option to make the group private. I assume that would make the group’s forum private as well? There is also an option to not have a forum for the group.

Tim & Kirsten
    Hutchmate
    @timandkirsten

oops, Pete already responded!

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

If you do not create a forum for the group, then the group only exists in the “Facebook”-like feed associated with that group. The feed is great for conversation, but doesn’t allow for posting of links/pics/polls, etc.

Rich Tuttle
    Hutchmate
    @richtuttle

Thanks for the answers @pete and @timandkirsten

Jo March
    Hutchmate
    @jomarch

There is no way to delete comments once you’ve made them on here?

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

@jomarch, BAHAHAHAHAHAH

Jo March
    Hutchmate
    @jomarch

For a minute there I thought I had deleting figured out, but I guess what I did didn’t work. Oh well. Really can’t jump in much if this is stuff permanent. Probably that was the secret strategy behind the change. Moohoohahaha. Dirty rotten finks.
    (BTW, this comment is lighthearted, not antagonistic. Grin emoticon.)

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@jomarch, you can edit and/or delete your posts if you change your mind before navigating away from the page where you posted it. Those options go away after you do.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Users have 10 minutes to edit/delete a post. We may decide to extend that if necessary. We’ll see. @jomarch: your delete/edit post fetish is the most bizarre (and infuriating) thing I’ve ever encountered on the internet (and that includes boytaurs…don’t even google that).

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

O.o @pete, i do not want to know what you are talking about.

Not sure if something like this would need a moderator, but I’d love to see a space where our teen rabbits can interact, share book recommendations, etc.

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

In other forums I’ve used there is a “New Posts” or “Today’s Posts” button that allows you to get a feed of currently discussed threads. I’ve always found that helpful. Maybe it is here and I’ve missed it.

Jo March
    Hutchmate
    @jomarch

I’d like to take a moment to revel in the fact that I’m Pete Peterson’s most infuriating experience on the internet in the year of Donald Trump’s campaign. This is not an honor I take lightly.  <Cue applause.>

(Those of you who don’t know the two of us, don’t sweat. All is well.)

@sallyz I like that idea … as a parent, you’d want this space to be private, I assume? Perhaps the teens should not use last names or pics? What would the parameters be for such a forum?

Hmm… I don’t really have it fleshed out in my mind. I just know how much I love having the space the Rabbit Room has given for asking questions, sharing ideas, etc.

I guess I picture it kids only, probably no last names, but with an adult moderator that is not a parent of any of the kids in the group, just to make sure things don’t go too far off-track.

We’ve had a number of teens attend Hutchmoot, right? Besides the Peterson kids, my daughter Mary and Clare Buck come immediately to mind. I’m sure there are others.

Who knows if they would use it or not — maybe a survey of Rabbit Room parents and kids would be helpful.

@sallyz I’m on it.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I’d like to take a moment to revel in the fact that I’m Pete Peterson’s most infuriating experience on the internet in the year of Donald Trump’s campaign. This is not an honor I take lightly.  <Cue applause.>

(Those of you who don’t know the two of us, don’t sweat. All is well.)

Hahahaha

If you ever develop birthday reminders here, could they not tell us to “send good thoughts.”

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I guarantee no good thoughts will be sent 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.