Feature Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Feature Requests

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Birthday reminders! What a delightful idea. We don’t currently have a birthday field in the profile; that’d be the place to start.

Also, is there a way to see who liked posts? I can see a number, but I don’t who clicked “Like”

I want to send them good thoughts.

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

@sallyz, there isn’t a way to see who has liked what you posted. Facebook has spoiled us all. 🙁

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Yeah, we chose not to enable that. Mainly because it would tempt me to send bad thoughts to anyone who didn’t like my stuff.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Jill
    Hutchmate
    @jill

Can you make the list of topics show a preview?  Either below it or on hover?

Jill
    Hutchmate
    @jill

and by topics, I meant posts.  😛

When searching the archives, it is so frustrating to choose an article to read (after going through pages and pages of results) then finding out it is not what you were looking for, and hitting the back arrow to hopefully take you back to the screen you were just on, but instead it takes you back to the beginning of the search results. Is it possible to have page numbers for each page of results or some way to hit the back arrow to return to your last search page?

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I’m afraid not, Brenda (@bren1756). We can’t have it both ways. But I’d suggest that instead of opening the article in the same window, hold down the command button when you click on it to open it in a new window. Then you can close the window if it’s not what you wanted and pick up where you left off. If you have a PC instead of a Mac, it’s another button but I don’t know which (you can also right click and select “Open in new window”).

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Good suggestion, @jill. We’ll consider it. We won’t be adding previews for design reasons, but the hover idea is a good one.

Jill
    Hutchmate
    @jill

@pete makes sense.  For me, I look at the titles of the posts/threads and can’t remember what they are about and if I have already read them or wasn’t interested in checking into it.  A hover would just make it that much easier for us Mom-brain challenged folks.  🙂

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@bren1756, if you hold down command and shift while clicking, it’ll not only open the link in a new tab, but take you directly to the new tab. (Again, that only works on Mac. i know there’s a way to do it in Windows, but it’s all muscle memory.)

@pete @mrs-hittle Thanks. I’ll open articles in a new tab next time. That will work just fine.

Would it be possible to set one’s local timezone? Or am I just not spotting it?

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

That’s probably not possible. A limitation of WordPress. The site runs on a single timezone.

@careypace, I agree that a “New Posts” or “Today’s Posts” feature would be really nice.

@pete, I also had a couple of other ideas for how to accomplish basically the same thing:

• Add a chronological view of posts (ordered by timestamp descending, not grouped by forum / topic)
      • A date range filter would be handy but not necessary.
    • Maybe add e-mail and/or in-site notifications for new posts within my Subscribed Forums?
      • E-mail might be preferable since I could then just set up inbox rules if I wanted to filter them.

Basically, I’d really like a lazy person’s way of ensuring that I can see all new posts at a glance. (Because I am Exceedingly Lazy.)

Well, looks like I posted before I actually checked on what Subscriptions do! Whoops. *embarrassed emoji*

Nonetheless, my request for a chronological view of posts stands. 🙂

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

I have never understood the purpose of  “Friends” on forums until now – because you basically get that digest of activity similar to the generic “new posts” now in the friends feed tab on your profile or notifications page, whatever it is called. It just requires setting up the friends network, which I’m not 100% sure I like.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

I think we’re also going to enable the global feed (in addition to the friends feed), which means you’ll be able to see a timeline of what everyone on the site is doing. That way if you aren’t 100% sure you want to add friends (which is I think what you’re saying), you’ll still have a way of seeing where the activity has been.

Carey Pace
    Hutchmate
    @careypace

Another idea – in other forums I’ve used, when you returned to a thread you’ve been to before, there is a link at the top that says something like “view first unread” that will take you to the first post within the thread that you have NOT seen.  In discussions that become lengthier here, I can see how that may be useful as people come back later to continue.  

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

FSS_cover_1024x1024-1

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.