Feature Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Feature Requests

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@admin Sweet! i don’t really need a button as long as there’s code i can use. Thanks!

@pete, could we make it possible to comment on a post as an indented thread (like on Facebook)? Not infinitely, but just one level in? I feel like that would help to facilitate discussion.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

We tried that, but it makes it WAY too hard to follow a conversation. The “quote” button makes thing much easier to read and keep up with.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

We’ve done a UI overhaul on the forums, hopefully making them a lot more usable on mobile, as well as more consistent and pleasant to use overall. You should see improvements in individual threads, as well as (soon) improvements in the forum list view on mobile. Enjoy!

Edit: Just finished up the list view optimizations as well — forums and topic lists should be MUCH easier to browse on mobile now! Enjoy! 🙂

~A

Web designer, web developer, writer.

2 users thanked author for this post.

I recently created the “Author’s Corner” group and, after recovering from the shock of seeing my verbose description consume a large portion of the group section, am wondering if it is possible to make group descriptions have a maximum character limit before cutting off the text with a see more tag to allow for temporary description expansion. Would this be possible? Is it simply too trivial? Should I just shorten my description?

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

@beloved, I think this is a good case for a shorter description 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

@pete, I shortened the description, but it doesn’t seem to be changing it on the main forums page. Does it take some time to be updated? Does it need to be approved before it will be displayed?

Update: I noticed that the description does change when viewed in the groups listed in a person’s profile. The main forums page still has the original description from when I first created the group. Might I have to create another group entirely with a fixed description (especially without an embarrassingly misspelled “once,” I might add) to fix this?

Josh Bishop
    Hutchmate
    @joshbishop

Is there an easy way to report spam accounts/messages to an admin?

@joshbishop, I got one too. Maybe everyone did?

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

It’s been taken care of. Pretty sure everyone got hit.

Super @pete is on the job : )

Spammers beware.

Just as a side note, Sam Smith’s posts about spam are among the best things on the internet, ever. I have to read these again periodically, and they never fail to make me laugh like a silly laugher.

The Best of Spam –You don’t Wanting Two Miss Thise Excleelente Posts! Today very

2 users thanked author for this post.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@emmaj, that was hilarious! i am going to read our spam much more carefully from now on. What if there’s more in that filter than Cartier bracelets and anti-wrinkle cream being haplessly marketed to preteens?!

Update: Today the spammers want to sell us dining tables and web design. But they are not as entertaining as Sam’s spammers. i shall remain vigilant.

No one is as entertaining as Sam’s spammers, but perhaps you shall uncover some gems, @mrs-hittle.

Josh Duncan
    Hutchmate
    @joshua-duncan

I think we all need to slow down and read connorcook’s recent posts. Is his work prose? Poetry? Some heretofore unknown hybrid, marrying the strengths of both genres?

The immediacy and intensity of his voice is overwhelming. Take this excerpt for ‘Madden NFL 18’:

“‘Madden NFL 18’ flying insects account method, feature fresh participate in styles.”

So visceral and image-driven. I’m speechless.

John Barber
    Hutchmaster
    @barberjo

Ah yes… the great connorcook and his passion for Madden 18. I delete ’em, and they keep popping back up.

Amber Nobles
    Hutchmate
    @amberlikesart

Not sure if this is against article copyright or something (is that a thing?), but could y’all make a printing option (where the facebook and e-mail options are) on the articles. The page gets all janky when I try to print it by right clicking. Sometimes it’s hard to read long articles because computer screens give me headaches if I’m on for too long. Plus, I like having hard copies to write on and underline things I find interesting. Not a big deal if you can’t, but it would be helpful.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.