How to register

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› How to register

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

First, click the Register button. i’m using Chrome, so some of your buttons might look a little different, but the the Login and Register buttons will always be at the top left, no matter what.

Fill in all the fields. You’ll see both “Name” and “Username.” “Name” is what you want to appear on all your posts. You can use your full name if you want, or something else. “Username” is a shorter version, and it’ll appear around the site with @ in front of it. People can tag you in posts by typing @ and your username. Look to the left of any of my posts, including the one you’re currently reading, and under my photo and name you’ll see that my username is mrs-hittle, and it appears @mrs-hittle. (See how adding @ turned my username into a link? You can click that link to go to my profile. More on that later.) Usernames cannot include spaces, but Names can.

If you see this bright red “Very Weak” box, don’t freak out. The system wants to keep your account safe. More complicated passwords are harder to break into, so if you’ve only included letters, try adding numbers, other characters, or spaces (you can even type a whole phrase). The different levels of password security are Very Weak, Weak, Moderate, Strong.

Once you’ve typed everything in and clicked “Complete Sign-Up,” you’ll see a message that says you need to activate your account. Head over to your email inbox and look for a confirmation email. If you don’t see it right away, wait a few seconds, or check your spam folder. Once you see that email, click the activation link, and it’ll take you back to the site and tell you your account is now active. Huzzah! Almost there!

Head back up to the top left, to the Login and Register buttons, and hit Login. Put your email address (not username; sorry) and password into the boxes. You can click “Remember Me” if you want your browser to fill these in for you the next time you come. (This is a little less secure for you, but if you’re confident that no-one is going to fiddle with your computer, go for it.) Then, click Log In.

Back at the top left, where you used to see Login and Register, you’ll now see your name and a Log Out button. (You might not see a photo yet. We’ll get to that detail in the “Your Profile” tutorial.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.