Hurricane Harvey

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Hurricane Harvey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My good childhood friend Paul Randall is an Associate Pastor at Ecclesia Houston, which is a wonderful church. I’ve already been in touch with the lead pastor there, Chris Seay, about forming a team to go and help them and their community clean up and recover, as well as bring in some needed supplies. I see this is a kind of ‘multiplying investment’ because Ecclesia is a church that serves its city, so the sooner we can get that community back on its feet, the sooner they can then, in turn, help the rest of the city.

If you think you can come, let me know and I’ll keep you in the loop. If you can’t but want to donate to a specific local church, this is a great way to do it, either directly through their website or via simply buying supplies and getting them to me before I leave. I’ll transport them and take them directly to those that need them.

If you are far from Nashville but want to travel to Houston to help, I highly recommend Ecclesia as a local point of contact. If you want to give, but are hesitant to give to some large organization, this is a wonderful local church where your money will be well spent directly on those in need.

I have no details yet because it is still raining and the roads are not passable. This is a kind of ‘save the date’ sort of post as you are considering your response to the devastation in Texas and Louisiana.

Here is a link to more information about supplies they need, where to donate, and a form to submit if you want to organize your own team to travel there and help: http://ecclesiahouston.org/helphouston. You can also see more about the church under “About Us” if you like.

In peace and hope,

Jesse

i just realized that Chris Seay is in our church library. How interesting to see his name on a book spine just this week and include it in our annual library network book tour, and then to read this post today. i clicked the church’s website link and was encouraging to see that they’re at capacity for teams coming to help. No doubt there is a lot of giving and helping still to do, though. Thanks for posting this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.