If you could have a superpower…

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› If you could have a superpower…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
  • Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

What would it be? And why?

Bilocation. Because i always want to do way too many exciting or needful things, simultaneously.

Telekinesis because having the ability to move things with my mind opens so many options, both mischievous and intimidating if need be.

I would also enjoy being able to fly.

Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

Good ones, Libby and Laure. I can think of so many I’d want, but I think I’d have to land on being able to read/speak/understand all languages fluently. Does that count?

@rebeccareynolds, that totally counts, and it would be awesome! As i have recently discovered the fun of learning Hebrew, though, i think i will continue learning the hard way so i can keep the epiphanies along with the struggles. The epiphanies are so exhilarating.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Prehensile lobes.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

i shudder my lobes at the very thought!

Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

Gross, @pete.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Not gross. I have astonishingly handsome lobes. @jennifert says so.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

My second choice would be having the ability to dance like this.

Tom Henderson
    Hutchmate
    @tomhenderson

I would probably go with teleportation. I would occasionally lose control and teleport to a random location when I sneezed.  Wacky hijinks would ensue.

Another possibility would be the ability to temporarily stop time.  I could move at will, making it appear that I have teleported. That would have the added benefit of letting me be able to pause and think of the perfect response in every conversation.

Lisa Eldred
    Hutchmate
    @firstcrusader

The ability to change the properties of liquids. Make and keep coffee the perfect drinking temperature, purify water, change it into wine, etc. I think I settled on this years ago, when I was bored and my coffee was cold.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Last night while i was falling asleep i thought, bilocation would not be good for me. My brain already bilocates, and i’m pretty sure what i need is to develop the opposite. So i thought of some different superpowers, and then woke up this morning to see that @tomhenderson posted the very same ones. Only i never thought of sneezing and hijinks, and that tickles me to death. 😀

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

1. @rebeccareynolds, thank you for that. I can’t stop laughing. I also don’t know how you fall into these deep, dark portals of the internet and find these things.

2. I’d like to teleport to all of the places where my friends and family live. I’ve always dreamt of having a map that I could fold in all the right ways to put all of my favorite people in the same neighborhood.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

I want the ability to read peoples’ minds. I don’t just want the ability to see what surface thoughts they are having, but also the stuff behind them- things like past experiences, filters from their personality, and the underlying concepts that they take for granted. I guess I want to be able to really understand people, not just what they say but all the things behind the things they say.

Of course, I also want to be able to turn this ability OFF when I don’t want to use it. It would be awful if I were constantly aware of everything about everyone. Overload.

On the other hand, I think it would be awful for anyone else to have that ability because I would not want them to use it on me, especially without my permission.

Kate Willis
    Hutchmate
    @katewillis

Teleportation would be really awesome, but I’d have to go for speed so I can finish chores really fast and get back to reading. 😉

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

…i was also thinking “i would like the ability to read hearts,” but decided not to say so, and then @misslinda said something really similar. i wasn’t thinking of being able to understand background, though, just of taking an accurate emotional pulse.

i do think i would mostly like teleportation.

Or, i would love the ability to call up my fictional characters, so they could step through the veil (or so i could) and we could talk. This might sometimes go badly, depending on where we’re at in their story, but there have been times where i’d have given nearly anything just to tell one that i loved them, or to find out how they’re processing something.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

I think I already have a superpower. I can pretty much change identities with someone else (@misslinda ) and I don’t even have to lie to do it. Sometimes the harder I insist that I am really Mary the more convinced people are that I am not.  This superpower works especially well on new people who don’t know there are two of us, but even people who have been told and should know often refuse to believe that I am not her….even my driver’s license is not always enough proof.

I would like to be able to turn this ability off from time to time when it is inconvenient (people get mad at me for ignoring them, but I have never met them), but it is pretty entertaining sometimes too. This superpower does have limitations though, it does not work on family members and really close friends.

Jonny Jimison
    Participant
    @jonnyjimison

Well. recently my “play-acting” as consists of haveing awesomely big gorgeous wings, with feathers, like a bird.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.