Introductions and Friend Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Introductions and Friend Requests

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • Author
  • Hi all. I’m Jesse and I found the RR through a combination of AP, Russ Ramsey, and Jonathan Rogers. I moved to Nashville from Chapel Hill, NC 5 years ago and met all three through church. My wife and I have four kids ages 5 and 7, three boys and two girls (they came in pairs…) so life at home is, uh, full of energy to say the least.

I’m an Asst Prof of Finance at Vanderbilt, so about half my job is to teach MBA students, the other half is to try to better understand how our financial system works (or doesn’t…). While I don’t consider myself very artistic, my job requires a fair amount of creativity since the essence of research is identifying new and interesting questions that haven’t been addressed before. I also spend a lot of my time writing, though it is more persuasive and technical writing, less creative writing.

I read a lot, though much of it (recently) is non-fiction on theology and race. I’m also a big fan of Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and the like.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I read a lot, though much of it (recently) is non-fiction on theology and race.

Oh, @jblocher, come join us in the upcoming Just Mercy discussions! We would really benefit from your reading.

And welcome to Nashville! Welcome to the Rabbit Room! 🙂 i’m glad you’re here! Are you by any chance coming to Rabbit Room Live, since you’re right there in town?

I read a lot, though much of it (recently) is non-fiction on theology and race.

Oh, @jblocher, come join us in the upcoming Just Mercy discussions! We would really benefit from your reading. And welcome to Nashville! Welcome to the Rabbit Room! 🙂 i’m glad you’re here! Are you by any chance coming to Rabbit Room Live, since you’re right there in town?

I plan on it!

Greetings Rabbits (is that correct usage of the term? :P),

The name is Jace. I’m nineteen and just joined the Rabbit Room yesterday. I was brought here by my sister who is an avid fan of Andrew Peterson and has gotten me hooked on him too. Growing up I was driven to pursue knowledge and critical thought. I studied history and wrote two short history books by the time I was seventeen. In recent years however, my focus has shifted from study and research to more creative writing, poetry and a deep love and fascination with music (though I don’t play/sing/compose). Art has become a passion of mine and even more recently, people have as well. I have always been quite introverted and quiet, the observer hanging in the corner, ingesting the joy of others but never getting my own feet wet in the happy business of community and friendship. Over the past year, God has worked in my heart to bring me to the conclusion that the kingdom of God is built on relationships and that people are the priority. Art has certainly drawn me closer to people and I have great expectations that it will do so in this community.

At the moment, I’m working (not feverishly, I admit) on a book of biographical sketches of great leaders in modern Western history. I also occasionally grind out a poem or short story/essay when inspiration hits. Musically, I am thinking about trying to learn the banjo and guitar, all while enjoying the musical talents of those who actually possess them. I look forward to building relationships within this community and learning from all you cool people.

Yeah @jacebower! Be welcome! This is such a good place for community. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.