Introductions and Friend Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Introductions and Friend Requests

Viewing 5 posts - 221 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Author
  • Hi guys. I’m Caleb. I was introduced to this site by my Rhetoric teacher and love it. I have enjoyed it so much and it has been such a blessing. I grew up in Latin America and moved to the U.S. about three years ago. I have enjoyed it so far, but still miss Latin America every now and then, so don’t mind me if I bring it up. I am 16 and am in the middle of writing a book. I love reading books by C.S. Lewis, Andrew Peterson, (hence the reason I’m here) John Piper, and Tolkien. Also pretty much every book I’ve read from the public library.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Abigail
    Hutchmate
    @abigail-solie

Hello all! I’m Abigail, and I was introduced to The Rabbit Room after discovering it through listening to Andrew Peterson’s music. I fell in love with the concept and idea of it and went to Hutchmoot last year. I am a pianist/composer who likes to dabble in art, cooking, and gardening as well. Currently I’m working on several pieces for solo piano and choir, but have a long-time dream of writing a piece for symphony-orchestra. I love animals as well and have a 4-month old puppy and two hedgehogs. I’m from Wyoming, and I have to say that there is nothing like this community that I have found anywhere in my state. I would love to meet and get to know any other Rabbits who might live in or around the NorthWest part of Wyoming. I look forward to getting to know some of you guys!

Greetings & salutations! I’m Karley. You may have seen me wagging my chin on the Facebook Rabbit Room Chinwag. My journey here was a long, meandering one. It began with Clear to Venus, had a stop at The Wingfeather Saga along the way, & culminated last year when I finally became fed up with the mental & spiritual noise of my lifestyle of constant empty entertainment, & picked up my mountain dulcimer to begin playing again.

This community & the artists gathered here have lifted my soul & shone the Light into it in ways that few other avenues have. I’ve longed to be part of something like the Inklings, even if I’m not a very good creative myself (yet), & I can see that TRR is its successor in many, many ways. Simply being in the Facebook group has felt something like finally coming home after wandering lost & lonely. So now I’m diving even farther in & joining the forums.

When not practicing my dulcimer or working, I like playing obscure games, reading real books, good coffee & tea, & witty reparte filled with laughter.

So…hi!

Welcome to all our new friends!

@cgdean25, southeast Denver is not too far from us! We’re in Fort Collins, but attend seminary in Littleton. Have you gotten connected with the Anselm Society folks yet? They’re based in Colorado Springs but have people all over the front range.

@krose, what kind of obscure games? Come play with us in the Boardgame Geek thread. 😀

@mrs-hittle, just about any games that catch my fancy. Card games, video games, board games–I tend to like more story-driven games in general, but I’ll try anything. Not a fan of complex strategy games, only because they tend to go waaay over my head. I’ll play them, though–just not well. I’m way ahead of you & posted in the Boardgame Geek thread already! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 221 through 225 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.