Introductions and Friend Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Introductions and Friend Requests

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 196 total)
  • Author
  • I’m Carolyn. I’m a Texan, wife to Demetrios ( @storklovestudio ), homeschooling mama of four, blogger about children’s books, and aspiring writer of them. 🙂

I remember my hubby (then fiance) sending me Andrew Peterson’s first CD while I was at a summer session in college. We have been solid fans ever since, both of his music and his writing. We’ve always wanted to go to a Hutchmoot, but between babies and starting a new business, it just hasn’t worked out for us… yet.

Like several others here, I’ve had the privilege of writing a few articles for Story Warren. But my claim to fame is being on the Read-Aloud Revival podcast where I got to recommend some of my favorite fantasy books for children (namely, The Wingfeather Saga, but also including the Wilderking Trilogy and The Green Ember among others).

Hi, I’m Holly. I live in a ‘lil apartment in Small Town, NC (close to golf country.) When I’m finished with spreadsheets and paperwork at the office, I escape to my happy place at my bright blue art desk where all sorts of painting and sketching happens. Though filling my sketchbook often turns into journalling quotes from whatever I’m currently reading. Favorite authors include Elizabeth Goudge, Dickens, Mrs. Gaskell, Jane Austen, Lewis, and many others. Books are a constant need for me though I need to branch out more and finish the non-fiction books on my shelves.

After seeing a poster at the library, I attended my first Behold the Lamb of God concert in 2010. Basically ever since, I’ve been lurking around and soaking in the wealth of knowledge here.

Hi everyone! I’m Rebecca from Ohio. I’m a homeschooling mama to four and a wife of a rocket scientist. (I love to say that!) I’ve been a rabbit room lurker since the founding of its existence and long for the day when I can go to a moot. I have been an Andy fan since I was in high school, 1999. He came to a church in Cincinnati with Jamie and Gabe, who I secretly grew a crush on, right up there with Justin Timberlake! Lol! Anyway I’d like to think that was the beginning of my journey discovering the Good, True, and Beautiful. Andrew’s music has opened the gateway to a portal in which everyday I slowly move further up and further in. Or perhaps I fall further  down the rabbit hole! Looking forward to finally getting to know some other bunnies around here!

Carolyn, I loved your episode on RAR!

Lindsey
    Hutchmate
    @lindseydmurphy

Hi, friends!

I’m Lindsey. My husband and I stumbled into the Rabbit a Room in 2011 and attended Hutchmoot that same year. Our hearts, minds, and souls have never been the same since. We’ve grown more in love with Jesus, his church, and his people through the interactions and materials we’ve found in this community.

I’m a stay-at-home mom to four little ones, singer, voice teacher, and wife to my best friend. I love baking, sewing, decorating, and taking long walks. Good conversation over hot coffee is my favorite thing in the world.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Josh Bishop
    Hutchmate
    @joshbishop

Hi all, I’m Josh. I live in Holland (the city in Michigan, not the province in the Netherlands). I have one wife and two sons. I’ve been prowling on the edges of the Rabbit Room, and later Story Warren, for about as long as I can remember. I’m a writer by avocation and an ex-writer by trade; now I manage web content for a private, Christian liberal arts college. I read a lot, write when I can, smoke pipes, drink ale and otherwise try to stay about as vanilla a church-and-family-man as possible. I use the Oxford comma only when needed for clarity (and it’s rarely needed). I haven’t been to Hutchmoot. Yet.

Rebecca ( @pracades ), thanks! It was a lot of fun to do (and Sarah was such a gracious host)! It remains the only RAR episode that I haven’t listened to. 😉

Africa Schaumann
    Hutchmate
    @africatheperson

@joshbishop — I live/work in Holland, at Herrick Library. Seems like I’m not the only rabbit in or around town.

Josh Bishop
    Hutchmate
    @joshbishop

@africatheperson It’s nice to meet you! If I see you next time I’m in Herrick, I’ll introduce myself.

Hi Friends! This is Jennifer. Do you recognize me? I am a Rabbit Room fan! I’m not completely sure what I’m doing. That’s normal for me. But, I don’t want to miss out on anything.

I’m kinda nervous. That’s also normal for me.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@jtaylor Welcome! i’m so glad you’re here! 🙂

Mark Geil
    Hutchmate
    @markgeil

I’m Mark Geil. My surname rhymes with “smile” and is apparently such horrid slang in German that Microsoft won’t let me use it. I’ve been married to my wife Amy for almost 25 years and we have three daughters. Many of you know our eldest, Sarah, who has worked as a RR intern.

I am a professor at Georgia State University in Atlanta. I studied Mechanical Engineering at N.C. State and Biomedical Engineering at the Ohio State University (pretentious “the” non-negotiable). I also minored in Philosophy and have always enjoyed exploring both hemispheres of my brain. I like to write, take pictures, play guitar, and read, but I’m more often found listening to music than reading. I’ve been privileged to be the Hutchmoot photographer for the last few years. I’ve also appeared in several major motion pictures, playing the role of Out-of-focus Man in Far Left Corner.

I’m an ENTJ, and that’s like a 90%-extravert-E, so watch out. My favorite albums are The Joshua Tree, Graceland, and Born to Run. My favorite novel is A Tale of Two Cities. My favorite place is on a sailboat at the beach.

But enough about me. Don’t I know you from the cinematographer’s party?

@markgeil, I kind of can’t help but say, “Who am I to blow against the wind?” : )

Hi, I’m Hannah. I’m a dialysis nurse and I’m the second oldest of 11 kids. I live in Mt. Pleasant, TN in a house full of books. My parents house is also full of books. That’s because Mom used to sell them for a living (she’s sold books to Paul Giamatti! Twice!) and she’s collected & kept quite a few along the way. I remember her reading the Hobbit to me when I was very little and I somehow thought it was all about rabbits. I also remember waiting in lines at book sales, reading Tintin and Calvin & Hobbes, looking over 1st or 2nd editions of Madeline, The Little Prince, The Lord of the Rings, Perelandra, The Last Battle, and so on. It was fun! All that to say, I love books. Not just the contents, but the smell and the pages and the binding and the illustrations and everything. Which brings me to my second favorite thing. Drawing. I adore illustrators like Arthur Rackham, Maurice Sendak, Esther Averill, Trina Schart Hyman, Bernadette Watts, Kay Nielson, the D’Aulaires and a bunch more I can’t think of right now. I’ve been to three Hutchmoots now and my sister Lydia has helped Chef Lewis in the kitchen a couple times. I won’t be attending this year because my oldest sister is having a baby (my first nephew!), but I’ll miss you lovely people. I love that the Rabbit Room exists and this is such a beautiful new site! I’m excited to start using it 🙂

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

Oh my, what do I even say?
    Hi, my name is Kyra. I live in the beautiful green valley of Roanoke, VA with my husband and 14 month-old daughter.
    My heart is always longing and looking for people who “know my Jesus”, who’ve come to see Him as He’s opening my eyes to see Him. I found a lot of that in AP’s music and stories, and that led me here, to The Rabbit Room. I remember the first couple weeks visiting RR I was holding my breath, afraid to hope that this was some form of encouragement I’d been searching for. With an eyebrow raised in skepticism I started reading the latest post, which just happened to be “In the Light of Home” by Jennifer Trafton. After reading it, I was undone. Reading it felt like coming home, just like everything I’ve read by her since. (In fact, I opened this thread just because I saw her name at the top… I might be fan-girling over here. Hi @jennifert!)  I started watching more closely, and with each post I read I am more and more encouraged and feeling less and less crazy. I can’t express the gift that has been. I loved writing as a child but that dream got snuffed out when I “grew up”. Reading on here has given me the courage to write again which has been so healing. I’m learning to write for myself, just for the joy of doing it with Jesus. But I also long to know if it has meant something; if it has touched an untouchable part of a leperous soul, given words to an unspeakable yearning, or reminded the reader of the precious son or daughter that they are. I so hope to have a small piece of the community I have witnessed here and through the Molehill volumes, but I’m feeling like a child who stumbled into a room full of adults I admire. I’m wringing my hands behind my back, not wanting to eavesdrop where I don’t belong, but I can’t help but gawk and stare, listen and hope.
    I’m ready to see what all of this will become.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@kyra-hinton, i think i love you already. Welcome to the community, from someone who also still wrings her hands and hopes. 🙂

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

🙂 @mrs-hittle Just got warm-fuzzes all over my soul.

@markgeil Hey! I studied biomedical engineering at the University of Iowa (“the” is optional…). But I only lasted 2.5 years, then I figured out that everyone was way more brilliant than I was and switched to civil engineering. They let me have a degree in that one.

I am Laura, and I have not been to Hutchmoot in way too long!  Reading all of your lovely introductions makes me remember and miss that giddy feeling of being there.

I live in San Diego with Ryan (my hutchmatch) and Simon (our hutchbaby). Hutchmoot was, if you will, a bit of a turning point in my life. 🙂

Having rarely said anything in the previous group, I probably won’t say much here either, but I look forward to lurking in a new corner of the internet with you all!

Welcome, @hholman! I’m still thinking about that incredible chicken sandwich I had at Pinewood Social. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.