Prayer Requests

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Prayer Requests

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
  • Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

I’ve been thinking about how I can find my “place” in this room full of rabbit-y people. I don’t want to just be here to receive things from all of you, although that has been happening for quite a while now. I want to have something to give too, but I don’t have any obvious way to contribute. I’m not a writer or an artist or even a web wizard. I’m just a person. But I am a person with more free time than most, and thus the ability to spend too much time on the internet. I would like that time to mean something. So, in case there are others out there like me, I wanted to make a place for us to have something to give.

If you need prayer, post something. You can share as much or as little as you want to. If it is ok, I think I would like to limit this to things that touch you personally. If we start posting every prayer request from every church prayer chain represented here, this thread will get overwhelming really quickly. But if it is something that matters to you on a personal level, then it matters to us and you can post it.

If you want to contribute, the easiest way is to read the posts and pray. Posting to say that you are praying is also helpful, since sometimes it is really encouraging for people to know that someone is listening and their needs have been noticed. If you are feeling particularly brave or have something special on your heart, I think it would be really cool to write down and post a bit of what you are praying for the person. If you do, be sure to tag them (type the @ symbol and their name- check under their picture from their prayer request post) so that they will get a notification. And there is no rule against praying for people who haven’t asked, either.

@misslinda , I think this is a great idea!!  Thank you for initiating this thread!

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@misslinda, i love you. i love your heart. Thank you for this.

Mark Stendel
    Hutchmate
    @markstendel

@misslinda What a great idea! Thank you for starting this, your idea and prayers will be more of a blessing and contribution then you will ever realize.

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

@misslinda I was just feeling like this was something God might want, but I wasn’t brave enough to start it! Thank you for listening, following, and loving!!

Suzanne Tietjen
    Hutchmate
    @suzishepherd

I need prayer for so many things that are up in the air, that I can’t see the end of. In a bit of a desert place surrounded by so much green that need tending. Thanks.

There are a number of ‘things’ that I crave prayer for. We are in a difficult financial situation, basically due to my health. Sure, pray for that if you feel led. Employment for Mrs Shrek (OK Teresa is definitely going to beat me up now…) and for me depending on the outcome of my second level Disability appeal… But almost infinitely (that will probably make a few heads explode) more important than those ‘things’ – please pray with abandon for J&J our foster teens. J is doing really well – he will be a senior next year and great things are happening in his life as he works hard – however we would of course love to see him find some’Thing’ more than money and success to motivate him. J, on the other hand, is continuing to face struggle after struggle. She is 14 going on 24 going on 4, and has had so much disappointment and abandonment and worse in her life that she believes she is broken and cannot be fixed…… Despite that, she is a shining star – leaving trails of darkly glittering space dust in her wake as she impacts lives everywhere she goes. She needs to find the only perfectly true Lover of her soul so that she can learn how to channel the love that she wants to feel and spread. Please pray for her stability, maturity, discernment, and acceptance of who she is.

And yeah – her foster parents need prayer as they walk through this galaxy with her.

Thanks.

@suzishepherd @shrek Praying for both of you and your families.

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

My heart goes out to both of you! Lifting you up to the Father’s heart!

@misslinda thank you for starting this thread.  One of the things I really appreciated about the Facebook Hutchmoot group was that people felt free to share their prayer concerns.  Thank you for making a place for folks to do that again.

@suzishepherd  @shrek  Thank you both for sharing your hearts with us.  I’m praying for all you’ve mentioned this morning.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

@suzishepherd and @shrek, I am praying for you right now.

Josh Duncan
    Hutchmate
    @joshua-duncan

I’m a Chaplain at a children’s hospital, so I can probably keep you well stocked with requests. Pray for a little one I’ll call “A” for privacy purposes. Doctors are optimistic for A but the parents are suffering as they watch their child go through this sickness.

scott james
    Hutchmate
    @scottjames

I just left the hospital room of a sweet family that could use your prayers. They lost their 5 month old daughter Ava a few weeks ago. Now, in the wake of that, as they are fighting to heal emotionally and spiritually, another daughter was rushed to the hospital yesterday and ended up being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Throughout all, these dear friends have demonstrated a beautiful picture of faith. Please pray for them.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

@joshua-duncan, I will be praying for A and family today.

@scottjames, I will be praying for your friends as they walk through grief and all the adjustments and struggles that come with having a child with health problems.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

Ok people, it has been a week since anyone gave me a new assignment. Some of you are holding out on me. I’m serious about this. You post, I (and perhaps others) will pray.

Josh Duncan
    Hutchmate
    @joshua-duncan

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@misslinda, I wanted to give you an update. A is progressing slowly and his parents’ spirits are lifting a bit. Keep praying!</p>

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

Thanks @joshua-duncan, I will!

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

Hello @misslinda, I would love your prayers this week… and I’m just realizing that due the nature of the internet I can’t share details of the background story of this request. If you would like to know, send me a PM and I can share.
    But for the sake of this post, my husband and I and our 1 year old daughter were forced out of our first home the beginning of March. I loved our house, but God and the Enemy both made it clear we were no longer allowed to stay. It has been heart-wrenching to me. God has redeemed, made beautiful, and made a way for our house to sell. We close on the 7th and God is working out everything perfectly. My prayer request comes in this weekend as we go in and remove all my fingerprints from the birthplace of my adulthood; all our fingerprints from the first place of our marriage. My daughter has never been back home since we smuggled her out under the cover of dusk. She’ll never know the place where she laughed for the first time, or where the sound of a wind chime caught her ear and her joy. This breaks me. I know it’s right, I know it’s time, I know we have no choice in the matter. I’ll leave the tree I painted on the living room wall, I’ll leave the birch trees painted in my baby’s nursery, and I’ll leave the verses scribed on the tops of the doors left there from our friend’s dedication. I’ll take with me our “stuff”, but it seems right now I’d rather leave the stuff and take the setting; the setting that became a character in my story — our story. I’ll leave that character behind and watch it return to brick and mortar. I hope it will be better after me than it was before. I hope I can leave some Light behind in the hollow windows of its eyes; Light that can peer out and ignite some flicker in the lonely hearts that picket its fence.
    I didn’t mean for this to be so long, but here it is. Here’s my heart, and it’s a little bruised.
    Thank you <3

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

@kyra-hinton, oh I will certainly pray! I can hear the hurt and the sadness in what you write.

This may be a very strange suggestion, but would it help to take photographs of all those little details that you mentioned? I know it isn’t the same as living there, but it might be a way to remember the “character” who is leaving your story. Just like I have photos of my grandparents, who have passed away and aren’t part of this chapter in my life, those photos could help hold the memories so you don’t have to fear losing them, and give you a way to pass some of them along to your daughter when she is older.

Saying goodbye is hard. I will be praying for you as you grieve the chapter that is ending, and prepare for the ones ahead.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

@joshua-duncan, @scottjames, @suzishepherd, and @shrek, I have not forgotten you. I’m still praying about your requests as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.