Rap/Hip Hop…Cont.

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Rap/Hip Hop…Cont.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Hannah Smith
    Hutchmate
    @hannahcsmith

I’m so encouraged by the responses to Pete’s recent post, Crooked: My Hiphop Odyssey. Since we’re on the topic of rap & hiphop I’m eager to hear what you all think of Hamilton, an American Musical. I’ve been curious for a while and figured this might be a good segue! What’s your journey been with the musical, what do you think of how the world has responded…etc.

Fire away!

John Barber
    Hutchmaster
    @barberjo

Hamilton is pretty much the best thing in the whole wide world. I haven’t seen the actual show yet ($$$), but I love the record.

I also loved Pete’s hip-hop post.  I had gotten into hip-hop a few months before I first caught wind of “Hamilton,” but that musical is what drew me out into its deep waters.  My wife and I saw the musical live this past February and it is easily in the handful of greatest live performances I’ve ever seen.  Since first listening to “My Shot” on a podcast in November of 2015, I have become an avid fan of Lin Manuel-Miranda, the writer, rapper, composer, and actor in the lead role of “Hamilton.”  The man is a Corvette of creativity!  Have you heard his first musical, “In the Heights?”  It won the Tony for Best Musical back in 2008 and I strongly recommend it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.