Signum University Texmoot

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Signum University Texmoot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Hope
    Hutchmate
    @guineapiglover

Does anyone have any experience with Texmoot (http://texmoot.org)?  I’m thinking about going, but I don’t know what to expect or if it will be as great as it sounds.

I have never heard of it before, but the website is intriguing. If I lived anywhere close I would really want to go and would be tempted to try to write a flash paper (even though I have never heard of one before).

It seems like this is the first one they have done, so they probably have some people on board, but no one yet knows how cool it will REALLY be yet or not. A lot of that depends on who comes. I suspect the first Hutchmoot had some of the same “this could be amazing…but what IS it?” sort of feel. I didn’t see a price listed which is always a little scary, but if it isn’t terribly expensive I would probably try to grab a friend or two (in my case sisters)  and go find out what it is.  It might be disappointing, but even if things don’t live up to your expectations they can often spark your own creativity to write/create what you wish they would have thought of so it isn’t wasted time.

1 user thanked author for this post.

My friend Ashley just finished her Masters with Signum and works for them now… she’s not in Texas, but maybe she’d know more about this. Ashley Thomas on Facebook (she’s in the Chinwag group) or @TheNerdyBlogger if you’re on Twitter. I don’t know if she’s ever used the forums here.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Looks like registration is $30. The Tolkien Professor is an interesting guy. I suspect it’ll be a pretty academic event.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.