Summer reading

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Summer reading

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

What are you reading this summer?

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

I’m trying my hardest to finish the last book in the Wingfeather Saga so @pete doesn’t spoil the ending for me. 😉

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Everyone dies.

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

That’s not nice, @pete.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

You weren’t supposed to read it!

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

I don’t believe you. And I also didn’t realize the spoiler tag really did hide the actual spoiler in there. That’s cool.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@pete @kaitlynluce Haha! You two are cracking me up.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

i am starting my summer reading tonight with my brand-new copy of Lonesome Dove, assigned to me by the remarvelant @pete.

Chris Yokel
    Hutchmate
    @chrisyokel

Well I’m currently reading Gilead for the first time (I know, I know) and goodness it is beautiful.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Oooh, Gilead! i loved that book. Wow. i still need to finish the series.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

I just finished Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh. I think it is a book that needs thinking about, and if it wasn’t due at the library tomorrow, I would probably start rereading it immediately. As it is, I will give other people a fair chance before I check it out again. But I will be thinking about it anyway.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@misslinda, that’s another one that’s on my interminable list, but now i want to bump it up to a higher position. Anything that begs for an immediate reread has got to be a pretty good book.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

I think it was. I don’t promise everyone will think so. I suspect my mom would not like it. But you probably will. I think at least part of why I like it is the timing. The themes are things that I need right now, like how God is still at work even if no one recognizes His presence or activity.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Okay. It’s totally bumped up, because i want to talk about it with you. First: Finish Lonesome Dove. Then: The Shadow of the Wind, which Dr. Carroll dared me to read. Then: Brideshead Revisited. Or i might flip those two, since i know i’ll talk to you before i talk to Dr. Carroll.

Currently reading Lila because it’s high time I read a Robinson book other than Gilead. 🙂 @mrs-hittle, it’s so good! I still haven’t read Home yet, but I really wanted to read this new one first.

I don’t think I have solid summer reading plans… I just roam the shelves for whatever strikes my fancy when I finish a current read. I’m thinking about The Martian next, because SPACE!

I ADORED Gilead, *liked* Home, did not care for Housekeeping, so I’ve been wary of which Marilynne Robinson book to read next. Good to know you’re enjoying Lila, @jroseyokel ! @misslindaBrideshead Revisited has been on my to-read list for a while now.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Home was great. That is all.

I mostly haven’t read Home yet because I heard it wasn’t that great and I didn’t want to ruin my love for Gilead. Haha. guess I need to remedy that this summer!

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@jenroseyokel, The Martian was fantastic. It swept through our Geek family last summer. There’s some unevenness due to it being a first novel originally written as a blogfiction (the dialogue is painful at times), but it’s really engaging and does a great job of problem-solving in a way that made me wish i was an expert in all the relevant fields while not confusing me or making me feel like a non-expert. The main character’s voice is great. i loved the humor.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

@jennifert, if you read Brideshead Revisited and want to discuss it with us, just let @mrs-hittle or I know. We would be happy to include you in book related chattering.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.