Things we love about the new site

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Things we love about the new site

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
  • Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Because this place blows my mind, and because Pete and his minion(s) (who have been slaving at this for months and, i think, did not sleep last night) ought to know about the good things and fun surprises that we find, as well as the bugs.

For starters: i’m excited to see so many new browsable topics at the top of the site. i’m glad the Radio play button is so visible. The font is pretty and clean, and i’m glad to see that the site and the new store are a bit more matchy. And there is a PODCAST button at the top!!! And oh my word, THE FORUM. IT EXISTS. THE FORUM IS A THING. And it’s a lot more than i thought it would be; i so didn’t expect messages and friending to be involved.

Thank you, guys. You love us and serve us so well, and we love you and appreciate all your hard, glorious work.

More to come as the browsing continues.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Enjoy 🙂

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

This is not about the site, it’s about you, Pete—we are flinging a TON of annoyances, both major and minor, at you, and you are handling it really well. It must be frazzly, especially if you’re tired. Praying for you.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

The radio player has an X button now! And just now i opened up the player between songs and somebody told me “This is Rabbit Room Radio,” and for some reason that made me really happy.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

i love
    that this forum
    already feels
    like home.

Time stamps should be working now…

Web designer, web developer, writer.

Houston, we have quotes, we have quotes.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

YAY! i’m so glad! And i am also glad to find out you’re Pete’s wizard—i recognized your name right away from your wonderful Wingfeather reviews. 🙂 Thank you so much for doing all this work. 🙂

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Block quotes!

Ok, new posts are posting, but because of the timestamp change, everything is messed up now. Should be good going forward now.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

You boys are cluttering up my blattage thread with bugs. 😛 THIS IS A HAPPY PLACE.

Thanks! Glad to know somebody read those 🙂 This site is going to be awesome!

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

The new forum reply toolbox is so super cool.

• Lists are dead simple now!
    • Italics and bold both just work, without any tags showing up as i type!

<p style=”text-align: right;”>We can change alignment! i think this means עִבְרִית is likely to show up in a few of my comments.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: right;”>i will try to restrain myself.</p>

<p style=”text-align: center;”>THE END.</p>

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

Darn it. Block quotes and center alignment do not work simultaneously. i shall refrain from posting this as a bug because, well, come on. Chimera code cannot be expected to do what my shattered brain imagines.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

It is already awesome. 🙂

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

A splendifferent thing which i utterly and completely enjoy: Keyholders are now called Most Supreme Overlords. YES. YES. YES.

Laurie, you make our day 🙂

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

Gentlemen, you are working in Laure’s happy thread again. Stop that. Happiness only here.

I love the fact that there is a forum. A FORUM! I predict I will spend way too much time here, but it will probably also make me feel more at home in the Rabbit Room. That will make Laure happy, which makes this an appropriate thing to post in her thread.

Now I will attempt to figure out
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>how to align things</p>
    <p style=”text-align: right;”>in weird ways</p>

<li style=”text-align: left;”>Just
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>to
    • see if
    • I can.

So far, all good. We will see if it posts properly.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

First, how did I get posted in the middle of the thread? I thought my comment would land at the end, but no, I’m right in the middle.

And apparently my post had some hiccups. I have no idea why, unless trying to do too many things  in a single comment messes it up. The last one of each formatting thing that I did worked, the rest got messed up.

But happiness- We have a FORUM!

Hey, can we do blockquotes?

We can, it would appear

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.