Thinking about Hutchmoot 2018…

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Thinking about Hutchmoot 2018…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • After dabbling a little bit here in the Forums and participating in a few threads over on Facebook, I’m beginning to think in a nervously excited, half-shy way that I might really like to go to Hutchmoot this year. It really sounds wonderful.

The problem is, I don’t know another soul who’s going; it’s on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend which would mean missing at least one of my family gatherings and having to cancel or radically reschedule the other; I’d have to fly because it’s too far to drive, but the only flights are out of an airport two hours away; and I haven’t a clue how I’d get around once I get there since there appears to be zero public transportation. In short, it would be something of a miracle if I figured out how to make this work.

I’m already praying about the possibility and asking the Lord to help me make a wise decision, but more information / recommendations / testimonials would always be appreciated! Are there any Canadians here who’ve been to Hutchmoot before, or other attendees who live far enough away they’ve had to fly in? How did you manage the logistics?

Thanks in advance for any help or encouragement you can give as I try to decide…

Abigail
    Hutchmate
    @abigail-solie

Hello!

While I’m not a Canadian, I did have to fly from Wyoming to Tennessee to be able to attend Hutchmoot last year. I also didn’t know a single person there either.

The transportation was fairly easy, as I was able to rent a car and the area was easy to navigate. As far as not knowing anyone, that was a little more difficult. However, I quickly discovered that the attendees were very friendly, and more than willing to meet and become friends with me. Dinner time was especially good for that, as it gave you the chance to sit next to four people and just chat with them. The sessions were nice for meeting people as well before and after, and the coffee bar was always a hub of activity. I didn’t make tons of friends, no. But I did make a couple friendships that I cherish and allowed me to connect.

I hope that you are able to make it this year! We would love to have you. 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hi R.J! I went to Hutchmoot last year for the first time and was able to make the drive so I didn’t have to deal with flying and renting a vehicle. But one thing I did was rent an airbnb with a group of other mostly first-timers – set up through the Facebook group – and that was really nice because we all got to know each other at least a little bit before stepping into the big group. So I liked the airbnb setting, and it was a good way to get to make new friends right off the bat, and also do a little carpooling.

Doesn’t necessarily help with any of the flying/transportation logistics, but I do hope you’re able to make it this year. I loved pretty much every minute of last year’s Hutchmoot and plan on being there again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.