Which Character Are YOU?

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Which Character Are YOU?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
  • So a few days ago I completed the Myers-Briggs personality test. I found that I am a INFP- I am a Diplomat, introverted highly feeling and deeply sensitive human being. All of this I knew, however, what I didn’t know is that I am a Hobbit! Yes, that is right folks, I am a Hobbit, specifically, Frodo Baggins. I am also Anne from Gables, Bones from Star Treck, Shakespeare, and Sybil from Downton along with other names that I do not recognize, but now must look up.

This leads to this forms topic. If you could pick a character from a favorite book, movie, or TV show, which character would you be? Which character is most like you as an individual?

As people involved in story every day of our lives I believe that we connect with the characters that we most want to be, and we dislike the ones that most resemble our own faults. So, tell me, who are you?

Let the conversation, commence!
    <h1 style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 30px 0px 20px; font-size: 1.7em; font-family: Montserrat, ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial; font-weight: 500; line-height: 1.3; color: #484e50; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 0.05em;”></h1>

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

i think i am a combination of Fin Button and Anne Shirley. i like big words and often fall into raptures that i can’t quite express without heavy use of hyperbole. i live in books and love the romance of tragedy. i’ve never punched anyone in my life and wouldn’t even know how to attempt such without breaking my hand or falling over, but i’m afraid i might enjoy murder if i ever had the chance to try it. i adore teachers, struggle with abandonment and shame, write shockingly purple prose, study much too hard, am prone to daydreaming, talk much much too much except when my feelings choke me, am a kid magnet, and will shred you if you mess with the people i love. (See murder.)

That sounds dire, but as i read over all that i find myself fairly satisfied. XD

So what personality type is that, anyway?

Lisa Eldred
    Hutchmate
    @firstcrusader

This personality type put me at INTP (no interesting literary characters there, though it does put me as Abed from Community), but normally I test at INTJ, which gives me Gandalf. I’m probably most like Jill or Eustace in The Silver Chair, screwing up willfully and regularly because I know what’s best darnit. That, or I’m one of the shocking number of old maids/widowed aunts in the Anne books.

INTP MBTI type here.

I have seen, Lisa, that some literary/film MBTI charts identity Yoda, Gandalf, and Hermione Granger as INTPs. I find Yoda and Hermione to be at least plausible INTPs; Gandalf (much as I’d love the association) not so much.

The most obvious literary INTP I can think of is Mr. Bennet in Pride and Prejudice.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

I am also an INFP. As to who I would be from a book, I have no idea. I can’t decide…there are a lot of people with some similarities to me, but no one is quite right…at least for today’s mood. But then part of that is because I wish I could push my personality a little more toward center in some parts. I can’t seem to get anything DONE. I start things and just end up thinking too much time away and forgetting what I was doing. I need to be a bit more task oriented sometimes.

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

Hey @wonderseeker and everyone else! I always test as an INxP, with the x being 50/50 between Feeling and Thinking. It doesn’t surprise me that these types love the Rabbit Room, especially the INFPs! (I feel like I lean more strongly toward the Feeling side.)

My character similarity, from what I’ve come across, is Faramir from LotR. As you mentioned, Tolkien is a fellow INFP; he once said that of all his characters, Faramir is most like him. It makes me really happy to share an MBTI type with my favorite author and character (the one from the book, that is!).

I’ll throw in that sometimes I feel more like an ENFP, which is often labeled as the “most introverted extrovert.” I do have the that wide-eyed, distracted excitement sometimes. 🙂

Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

Mostly Jabba the Hutt. That’s my goal, anyway.

@rebeccareynolds

“Mostly Jabba the Hutt. That’s my goal, anyway.”

ESTP. Maybe ESTJ.

Lisa Eldred
    Hutchmate
    @firstcrusader

Rebecca, go with Pizza the Hutt instead. They both die in the end, but at least Pizza the Hutt dies eating pizza (even if it is himself).

Rebecca Reynolds
    Hutchmate
    @rebeccareynolds

Haha. Ok, I’m an INFJ. I feel like I’m some sort of combo of Amy Pond and Puddleglum.

Tim & Kirsten
    Hutchmate
    @timandkirsten

I need a professional to administer the Meyers-Briggs instead of taking those free online versions. I always test as INFP, but I always feel like I’m answering as who I’d want to be rather than who I actually am. The fact that all the best literary characters are INFP makes me even more suspicious. Or maybe they’re my favorites because we’re similar and I just love myself that much…

Rich Tuttle
    Hutchmate
    @richtuttle

High five to all my fellow INFPs!

If we’re talking about characters that I want to be, well then give me a whip and a hat because Indiana Jones.

If we’re talking about characters who I’m like it’s probably closer to Kermit the Frog.

I also read somewhere that Gollum is an INFP…so there’s that.

Linda Rogers
    Participant
    @misslinda

INTJ here.
    I refuse to answer who I might be like because it might incriminate me. In fairness, I did say in my introduction that @missmary is the good twin. You have been warned.

Kyra Hinton
    Hutchmate
    @kyra-hinton

INFJ here, once again. That test you linked to provided me with these characters which hey, I won’t say I dislike those options 😉 The test also said I was pretty  turbulent in my personality type, which I would have to agree with. I feel like I’m always doing sumersaults in myself between who I am and who I feel like I was made to be. I hate conflict and can be insecure about what I know I believe if someone attacks it.my personality dictates that I love people and give a lot of myself to them, but I’m so introverted that I can tend to burn out quickly and need to disappear into myself.

So yeah, send me off to the Paths of the Dead with my elf and my dwarf and I’ll be a happy little Ranger King.

Attachments:

Yay, personality things are fun! I’d say I’m officially INFx, because other tests put me slightly toward the J, but this one calls me an INFP.

I don’t know about characters. Hobbits sound about right, and this test included Arwen as an INFP, so that’s cool. I’m pretty sure I have an inner Hermione Granger that comes out when I’m convinced I’ve messed something up. 🙂

“We could be killed! Or worse! Expelled!”

@winterfinch there are SO many NF types in The Rabbit Room. Lots of introverts too. 🙂 It’s the best.

Also, a lot of my favorite extroverts tend to be ENFPs.

Amy Baik Lee
    Hutchmate
    @sunsteepeddays

I’ve been an INFJ for as long as I can remember, but the 16personalities site is telling me I may now be an INFP (motherhood contexts are causing a lot of my answers to waver). Now undergoing an identity crisis…

Kate Willis
    Hutchmate
    @katewillis

I got INFJ-T which means I’m technically Aragorn, Galadriel, MLK, and Mother Teresa. ; ) Another site included the Tinman from Oz, Fanny Crosby, and Frodo Baggins. Wow. ; )

Kate Willis
    Hutchmate
    @katewillis

@rebeccareynolds, you described INFJ’s perfectly. ;P

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

I’ve always tested as INFJ, but when I just took the test it turned out at ISFJ-T. I’ve never heard of that one, but maybe I’ve been living under a rock? Anyway, apparently that labels me as “The Defender”. I think it’s pretty accurate to a lot of the ways I react in social situations and how I get through life. I wouldn’t be surprised if it changed due to recent events in my life over the last couple of years. So, what character does that make me? Can anyone give me one? I’m terrible at things like that, but I’m so curious.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.