Which Character Are YOU?

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› Which Character Are YOU?

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
  • @kaitlynluce, I haven’t yet taken the quiz here posted, but I usually test ISFJ, and I’m pretty sure that’s Samwise. Maybe I’ll go take it and find out…

Yep. The quiz confirmed me as ISFJ-T, and along with Sam, Dr. Watson and Pam Beasley are apparently in the Defender crowd.

I’m really interested in how different personality types compliment one another and work together well. I married an ENFP, who baffles and delights me.

I guess as to who I’d wish to be would be Clark Kent/Superman: so that I could serve society in anonymity as a journalist for truth and justice, but also so that I could help people, whether by turning time back to save lives or even just showing loved ones what it feels like to fly.

i finally went and took the assessment, and it said INFP-T. That seemed pretty accurate, which is weird since so many of my answers were close to the middle. i always waffle on these tests. A lot of the answers really depend on the situation, especially socially.

Fun aside: One night our Geek family pulled out this assessment. Several of us took it, and then we took it as different fictional characters. i was writing at the time (sigh), and took it for two of my characters—sisters who could not be more different but who both remind me a whole lot of myself in very different ways. That was so interesting.

Kaitlyn Luce

I’m just so intrigued as to how my answers changed in a period of a few years. I always thought I was an INFJ. Hold on, I think I’m having an identity crisis…

I’m an ENFP, and I definitely understand the most introverted extrovert thing. When people ask if I get energy from solitude or from being with people, I say, “Both. Depends on what the last 2-3 weeks were like.”

(Side note: @jroseyokel we’ve never met, but I’m happy to know that I could be one of your favourite extroverts! 😉 )

According to the Google, being an ENFP puts me in the same class as Pippin Took, J.D. (from Scrubs), and . . . wait for it . . . Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

@kaitlynluce Mine shifts on the P/J trait because on most tests I’m just about 50/50. This test is the first one in a long time that skews me strongly toward the P, but in the past couple years, I’m starting to feel like that’s more accurate. So maybe big life changes can do that?

I found this thing: http://personality-types.careertrends.com/compare/2-3/ISFJ-vs-INFJ

You be you, yo. 🙂

@petchr24 yep! I think my husband might be an ENFP. And a couple of my favorite extrovert friends. 🙂

Kaitlyn Luce

@jroseyokel – ahh, yes. Thanks for posting that. ISFJ sounds more accurate than INFJ ever has before. I’m not artsy enough to be an INFJ. 😉

I’m an ISTJ… we’re allegedly rather common, and yet I never seem to bump into any others.

I haven’t taken this test, but I have taken others; I’m an INFP, which means I’m Frodo.  And, I’m okay with that.  I’m always Frodo, whether it’s on Myers-Briggs, 16personalities, the Enneagram, that awesome LOTR personality on Hobbitlore.com from long ago that was based on the Keirsey Temperament Sorter….I do feel like I relate to Frodo in a lot of ways.  And I think I read somewhere that Tolkien might also have been an INFP.  Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!

@guineapiglover Guesses as to Tolkien’s type are pretty varied; some say he’s an INFP, some say he’s an INFJ, some say he’s an ISTJ. It’s pretty hard to guess when you’ve never actually met somebody. 😀

I just took this one and got INFP “Mediator”, although up till now I’ve always gotten INTP. In the personality descriptions for this particular test, the “Mediator” sounded a lot more like me than that of the “Logician” INTP. The INFP’s it lists from fiction include Frodo, Anne of Green Gables, Arwen (?), and Konstantin Levin.

I’ve never read Anne of Green Gables, but I can see me as Frodo, except I’m not at all sure I would be so courageous and selfless, when it came down to the wire. Just possibly, if a bunch of other people, more capable than I, were coming for support, including someone else to lead worth following. Frodo’s “I will take the ring…though I do no know the way” sounds to me like “Ok I’ll do it, though I’m terrified and would so much rather go home and read a book. But only if you people who are up to this sort of thing get me there…I can’t do it alone.” It’s interesting that an introvert needs a team, a Fellowship, to accomplish the great deed, but maybe shouldn’t be surprising.

Back in May I read Anna Karenina, and I did relate a lot to Levin, he was my favorite character – although maybe he’s everybody’s that reads it? I see a bit of him in me, though he’s probably a better all-around guy than I am, and definitely more hardworking, getting out in the field all day to work with his farmhands. I would be inside reading whenever it got hot. Or cold. Or when I got a new book, or …..

Nate Martin

@matthewcyr I type as an E/INTP (usually like a 55/45 on the E/I scale)- and Levin (probably… INTP?) is absolutely my favorite character as well. But honestly, it’s Anna Karenina- ALL of the characters are my favorite! …Or is that just my ENTP talking?

Sounds like people think Elizabeth Bennett is an ENTP, which sounds about right, though I definitely put her more with me in the “soft E/i NTP” category than the more gregarious “hard E” ENTPs like, supposedly, Captain Kirk (bleh), etc.. Better possibilities include the Q‘s from Star Trek/James Bond (hard E/soft E, respectively?), or even Sirius Black, who would definitely be in the soft-E half of the scale- but I think the Ed-from-Cowboy-Bebop brand of ENTP fits me best, when I’m at my most free, and uninhibited by stupid social and professional conventions 🙂

I tested as INTJ (“Architect”), but my “T” was only 1 off from the very middle, so I’m nearly an INFJ (“Advocate”) … or at least an INxJ or something.  The interesting thing is that they put Gandalf in INTJ, but I would disagree and put him closer to INFJ (where they put Aragorn) which means maybe I’m a bit like Gandalf and Aragorn.  Wouldn’t Saruman be more of a solid INTJ?

@treskillard Yes, I agree with you on Gandalf being an INFJ and Saruman an INTJ. Aragorn is a bit harder to type (at least in my opinion), he seems like more of a thinker to me.

I’m an INTJ, which leaves me with very few literary role models who aren’t evil and/or cold-blooded masterminds. In addition to Saruman and Hannibal Lecter (gee, thanks), Sherlock Holmes and Spock are two of the most common suggestions, as is Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. However, I’m female, so… Jane Eyre, and Irene Attolia perhaps?

It’s wonderful to engage with so haphazard a crowd of taleborn men and women! I’d probably be something between a hobbit and an ent, a lover of growth (the green kind) and a carer only for what’s in my care (as much as I tremble at the very thought of Fangorn).

I’m E/INFP-T, depending on situation. If there was a type of colorful snail that could exit and reenter its shell, I’d probably be that. My family thinks of me as the representative extrovert, but I still need to recharge alone or in silence or both, and I occasionally bring books to parties. <_<;

Characters — maybe Eustace Scrubb, for dark/light side contrast? And a mix between Meg and Jo March of Little Women, with a fair bit of Frozen’s Anna. My sister says if I were a dog I’d be a boarder collie, because I frequently herd people and worry about them. I would like to be Anne Shirley, but my Anne moments are more garnish than substance.

Thanks for sharing, everyone, this is very interesting!

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.