Shameless Plug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Shameless self-promotion, but here I go anyway…

On Sunday, August 28th @ 6pm, I will be doing a reading of my play, There Are Others at Lipscomb University Theatre’s black box, followed by a short discussion. Here’s a little blurb about it:

There Are Others, by Matt Garner

Summer. 1942. Auschwitz-Birkenau. Compelled by a recent traumatic event, a Polish political prisoner recalls the early months of the camp and a profound act of sacrifice that once gave him hope. A tale of survival, humanity, and transcendence in the face of relentless evil.

About the playwright:

Matt Garner is a Nashville area actor/writer/storyteller who you may have seen in Henry V, King Lear (Nashville Shakespeare Festival), Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and Death of a Salesman (Nashville Repertory Theatre). Matt holds an MFA in acting from UNC-Chapel Hill and was a company member at PlayMakers Rep for three seasons where he performed in Red, Clybourne Park, A Raisin in the Sun, In the Next Room, and many others.

www.matthewgarner.com

Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Matt, I’d love to make this, but I’m not optimistic about my schedule. I hope it goes well. I know how nerve-wracking and educational it can be 🙂

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

1 user thanked author for this post.

oh man @mattgarner I would’ve totally come, but I already have plans :/ Next time, please feel free to do your shameless plugs weeks in advance!

Thanks, @grace and @pete! The space came together at the last minute so this read is definitely short notice. I don’t expect a huge turnout, but it will still be good for the process.

www.matthewgarner.com

Thinking about you this evening, @mattgarner. I hope the reading goes well.

Thanks @bwinz! It went very well. Had some really fun creative minds in the room and got excellent feedback. Now in talks with a local collective and a director.

www.matthewgarner.com

So this thing is now getting a full production in a small intimate theater space at Belmont University. If you’re a Nashvillian or will be in Nashville at the time, please come see. It runs about an hour. Click the poster below for details!

www.matthewgarner.com

Matt Garner
    Hutchmate
    @mattgarner

Nice little blurb in the Tennessean art picks page: http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/arts/2017/03/08/eclectic-group-show-zeitgeist-among-weeks-art-picks/98849032/

www.matthewgarner.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.