Shameless Plug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Shameless self-promotion, but here I go anyway…

On Sunday, August 28th @ 6pm, I will be doing a reading of my play, There Are Others at Lipscomb University Theatre’s black box, followed by a short discussion. Here’s a little blurb about it:

There Are Others, by Matt Garner

Summer. 1942. Auschwitz-Birkenau. Compelled by a recent traumatic event, a Polish political prisoner recalls the early months of the camp and a profound act of sacrifice that once gave him hope. A tale of survival, humanity, and transcendence in the face of relentless evil.

About the playwright:

Matt Garner is a Nashville area actor/writer/storyteller who you may have seen in Henry V, King Lear (Nashville Shakespeare Festival), Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and Death of a Salesman (Nashville Repertory Theatre). Matt holds an MFA in acting from UNC-Chapel Hill and was a company member at PlayMakers Rep for three seasons where he performed in Red, Clybourne Park, A Raisin in the Sun, In the Next Room, and many others.

www.matthewgarner.com

Profile photo of Pete Peterson
    Pete Peterson
    Hutchmaster Prime
    @pete

Matt, I’d love to make this, but I’m not optimistic about my schedule. I hope it goes well. I know how nerve-wracking and educational it can be 🙂

---Hutchmaster Prime, wielder of great and terrible cheeses

1 user thanked author for this post.

oh man @mattgarner I would’ve totally come, but I already have plans :/ Next time, please feel free to do your shameless plugs weeks in advance!

Thanks, @grace and @pete! The space came together at the last minute so this read is definitely short notice. I don’t expect a huge turnout, but it will still be good for the process.

www.matthewgarner.com

Thinking about you this evening, @mattgarner. I hope the reading goes well.

Thanks @bwinz! It went very well. Had some really fun creative minds in the room and got excellent feedback. Now in talks with a local collective and a director.

www.matthewgarner.com

So this thing is now getting a full production in a small intimate theater space at Belmont University. If you’re a Nashvillian or will be in Nashville at the time, please come see. It runs about an hour. Click the poster below for details!

www.matthewgarner.com

Profile photo of Matt Garner
    Matt Garner
    Hutchmate
    @mattgarner

Nice little blurb in the Tennessean art picks page: http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/arts/2017/03/08/eclectic-group-show-zeitgeist-among-weeks-art-picks/98849032/

www.matthewgarner.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.