Portland Area Mini-Moot?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
  • Oh, lovely! I’m glad you all saw the messages, @gypsy and @jilliancomrie! Does a simple coffee get-together sound okay to you, @rfriend?

Where should we meet? One central-ish place I thought of is Taborspace.

A simple coffee meetup sounds just fine to me.

I’d be fine meeting at Taborspace, and I’d even be willing to help rent out the library area for that purpose, but I think it may be a bit far for some of the folks in places like Camas, WA. I’m thinking of @gypsy and @nathandetr0it in particular.

If they’re up for it, well and good. Otherwise I’d suggest something a bit more north. I could speak with some folks at the University of Portland, and see if we can get a private room and coffee service. I’m fairly certain I could get the room free, and we’d just be paying for coffee.

I’ll be out of town for the week, but y’all decide amongst yourselves and I’ll be fine with whatever you choose, venue-wise. My schedule’s a bit tight, though, so when we get to date I’d like to give some input.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

Taborspace is good for me location-wise, as long as I’m not coming or going in rush hour. My schedule is really flexible too. @nathandetr0it and his lovely wife Lynn have a brand new baby, so they may not be so available for a while. 🙂

As long as it works for you as well, @jilliancomrie, shall we tentatively plan on Taborspace? I’m another East Vancouver/Camas person, but Taborspace is not too long of a drive (like Gypsy said, as long as it isn’t rush hour!). I’m available most mornings and weekends. @rfriend, what works for you?

Jilly
    Hutchmate
    @jilliancomrie

Yes to Taborspace and weekends! It’s 5 minutes from my house 🙂

I’m good with Taborspace, weekends will be best for me, but I’ll need a bit of advance time. Life is a bit crazy at the moment, what with expecting the new baby.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

@rfriend, a new baby, how exciting! Congratulations!

I completely agree about advance notice being helpful. I’m looking at my summer schedule and realizing just how much I’ll be gone. It sounds like so far the consensus is for weekends, and that probably means a Saturday? Looking at my own schedule, I could possibly do July 15th, 22nd, or August 19th.

My preference would be July 22nd, then the 15th. I can’t make the 19th, I’ll be in Seaside. That said, if the 19th is the date everyone else wants, I’m fine missing the first one so long as it’s not the only one.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

Out of the dates @lind mentioned, I can do July 22nd. That’s the only one I’m available.

Jilly
    Hutchmate
    @jilliancomrie

Guys, when are we hanging out?? LOL

I’m going to make the call: I’ll rent a space for the 22nd at Taborspace. I’ll wait a week for suggestions of times, then I’ll rent it.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

2 users thanked author for this post.

Jilly
    Hutchmate
    @jilliancomrie

Great, thanks Roy! How about in the evening?

Evening is good for me too, but I could probably do any time.

Hi all, sorry for disappearing again! Yes, the 22nd is still good for me and I can do any time. Thanks, Roy, for taking care of the logistics!

I’m planning on doing the 22nd at 7:00pm so I can have dinner with my family that night.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

Hi Roy, evening is fine with me. It just occurred to me, though, that the coffee shop closes early. Don’t know if anyone was hoping for coffee. If we’re just renting a room, maybe the time doesn’t matter so much? Can we bring our own food or drinks into the room we’re renting?

I’ll be reserving Room 04, and will ask for hot water to be provided. Bring your own teabags and mugs, and I’m sure they won’t mind us bringing snacks to share.

The total cost for the room will be $45.00 ($40.00 for the two hour span, $5.00 for the hot water service). It would be kind if I could get help defraying costs.

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

Booked, and they upgraded us to the Library. Ain’t that nice?

+JMJ+
    +SDG+

That sounds perfect! Thanks so much, Roy, for doing this. I can’t think of a better spot than a library for a mini-moot. And I would be happy to chip in and help cover the cost. BYOTeabags and munchies sounds great. Looking forward to it!

Jilly
    Hutchmate
    @jilliancomrie

Great, thanks friends!! I can chip in for the cost, too 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.