For Lent this season, our friend Andrew Roycroft (pastor and poet from Northern Ireland) has adopted the medieval practice of writing thirty-three poems, each thirty-three ... Read More
1. We’ve shot a lot of video that we just haven’t had time to edit into bits yet. Hopefully when we get home the pace will slow enough that we can goof around with the videos more.
2. We’re finishing up a Ben Shive-penned Christmas song for Centricity’s upcoming sequel to their Bethlehem Skyline compilation. It’s called “Long, Long Ago,” and it shore is purty.
3. This afternoon we drive 4.5 hours back to Seattle, then tomorrow we fly home. As beautiful as the Cascades are, I miss my family and our little hill at the Warren.
4. I’m humbled and amazed by Ben, Andy, and Gabe. Awesome fellas, excellent musicians, and great friends. May we still be making music together when we’re octogenarians. (And Todd Robbins is pretty awesome, too.)
5. Did I mention that the title of the album is The Last Frontier?
Here’s the potential song list, which will be pared down to ten. What doesn’t make the cut will appear on Appendix D, or J, or whatever.
Fool With A Fancy Guitar
Dancing in the Minefields
The Same Song
God of My Fathers
The Magic Hour
The Last Frontier
You Came So Close
In the Night My Hope Lives On
The Isle of Skye
As a singer-songwriter and recording artist, Andrew has released more than ten records over the past fifteen years. His music has earned him a reputation for writing songs that connect with his listeners in ways equally powerful, poetic, and intimate. He has also followed his gifts into the realm of publishing. His books include the four volumes of the award-winning Wingfeather Saga.