There is great freedom in recognizing your own brokenness. An awareness of our inability to impress God or earn his favor on our own terms ... Read More
In Brazil this week, the Olympians are busy olymping. Most of us are busy sitting on couches watching them olymp (not to mention watching the Rogue One trailer over and over again.) And meanwhile, all the important stuff is going on in the RR Forums. Here’s the rundown:
- @mattgarner started a great discussion on the nature of violence in storytelling. What’s appropriate? What’s not? And why? Catch up on the conversation here: “Violence.”
- We’re still wrapping up our reading group discussion of Slow Church. If you’re just now finishing up the book, pop over and let us know what you thought. Even if you haven’t had time to read along, there’s a lot of great conversation for everyone.
- Were you in line on release day to get your copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? What did you think? @chrisyokel and @jroseyokel want to know what you thought. If you want to talk spoilers, this is the place to do it.
- We recently launched Site Digest feature. If you are logged in, click your name to visit your profile page and you’ll find a summary of all the recent activity on the site: forums, comments, podcasts, events, blogs–all in one easy to read spot. Let us know what you think of it.
- Diana Glyer is our Hutchmoot special guest this year and we know a lot of you are reading, Bandersnatch, her latest book. @richtuttle started a forum thread to discuss it. The book is available in the Rabbit Room Store, and the forum discussion starts here: Bandersnatch.
Don’t forget to subscribe to threads you enjoy in order to get notifications when there are updates to the discussion.