Hutchmoot 2016 is less than a month away! We’ve still got tons of work to do, but the weekend is taking shape in earnest. Here’s a look at this year’s session schedule. It’s bigger and more exciting than ever. The speakers are an incredible mix of old favorites and new discoveries, and their topics are a feast for the mind and soul. Good luck choosing what you’ll have to miss. Don’t worry, though, we’ll do our best to get everything recorded and made available in the Hutchmoot Audio Archive.
Did you miss out on Hutchmoot tickets? Stay tuned for details on our upcoming fundraiser, Rabbit Room LIVE, where we’re planning to deliver a one-night slice of Hutchmoot to everyone.
- In Search of Home – Lanier Ivester, Jen Rose Yokel, Matt Conner
- Gifts of and for the Church – Heidi Johnston, Rebecca Reynolds
- Kids, Music, and the Kingdom – Randall Goodgame, Katy Bowser
- The Hospitable Critic – Russ Ramsey, David Michael Bruno
- Visual Theology: Baptizing Our Imaginations – John Hendrix
- Dinner Table Conversation As a Way of Being the Church – John Pattison, Matt Conner
- Heartbeats of a Life-giving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming – Clay Clarkson, Sally Clarkson
- Makers and Thieves: Subcreation and Inspiration – Chris Yokel, Carrie Givens
- Gods & Rabbits: How Watership Down Leads Believers & Writers to Freedom – Jeffrey Overstreet
- Those Who Came Before Us: A Songwriter’s Lineage – Andrew Peterson, Doug McKelvey, and friends
- Visual Arts: Art as Text – Telling a Story Through Illustration – Joe Sutphin, Jamin Still, Jonny Jimison, John Hendrix, Stephen Hesselman, Ben Schipper
- Film: At the Movies with Jeffrey Overstreet
- All Liturgy, All the Time? – David Dark, Douglas McKelvey, Thomas McKenzie
- Mystery, Knowledge, and Love – In the Work of the Spirit and the Work of the Artist – Steve Guthrie
- Magicians & Medievalists: Re-enchanting the Modern Mind – Lanier Ivester, Chris Slaten
- Conservation as an Act of Mercy – A. E. Graham, Jenna Henderson
- The Music of Language / The Language of Music – Jennifer Trafton, Ben Shive
- 1:30pm Musicianship and Christ-life – Ron Block will discuss the fundamentals of playing an instrument, creating music, being in a band, and how all of it is transformed and fueled by the truth of who we are in Christ. At the end of the session he will also provide feedback and instruction to guitar and banjo players—so bring your instruments!
- 1:30pm Workshop: Simply the Middle – In the relationship of any two people, we call the distance between them the middle. What goes on in that space may determine whether the relationship thrives or struggles. Are you are a songwriter, writer, artist, crafter, teacher, blogger, or creative person of any kind? This workshop will give you new tools to use in partnering with your audience to co-create a healthy middle, a space where the relationship between you and those you want to reach can flourish. In this hands-on workshop, Dave Bruno will introduce participants to the concept of the middle, and discuss why the middle is so overfilled in our time. He will lead the group in a fun, interactive exercise to “simplify the middle.”
- 3:00pm Songwriters’ Circle – Bring your instrument of choice and pull up a chair. Clay Clarkson will lead all comer’s in a sharing of songs.
- 3:00pm Reading: The Battle of Franklin – The play runs from Nov. 3-13, but you can catch an early preview here. Come sit down with us as we host an informal reading of A. S. Peterson’s new stageplay, The Battle of Franklin.