Our reading group for Let Justice Roll Down by John Perkins, led by Dr. Steve Guthrie, is in its final week. All materials for Week 4 are now available, including discussion questions, videos, and articles for further reading. Enrollment is ongoing, so join whenever you like.
This week, participants will be reading chapters 19-23, the postscript, and the preface, then discussing:
- The impression this book has made on us
- How white Christians can love their Black neighbors as themselves without exhibiting paternalism or self-importance
- The call to be “shrewd as serpents but innocent as doves,” particularly in engaging with our broken legal system
- Some practical ways to receive accurate and trustworthy information about the suffering of others
- How the work of justice cannot be done alone
…and much more.
We’ll have our last Zoom discussion on the book this Thursday night at 7:30pm CST. Click here for more information.