If you could have a superpower…

Forums -› Welcome to the Forums -› The Rabbit Room Forum -› If you could have a superpower…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
  • Teleportation, for sure. I wouldn’t want to use it all the time, but it sure would be nice to go see friends and family whenever I want. @tomhenderson may have uncovered a downside I haven’t thought about. haha.

@kaitlynluce‘s map idea is pretty sweet though.

Kaitlyn Luce
    Hutchmate
    @kaitlynluce

No joke, in a college marketing class I used that map idea. We were allowed to come up with something completely outrageous that would never be possible. This is how badly I want it to be a thing.

I was going to say something about talking with fictional characters, but @mrs-hittle beat me to it.

But building on that, I’d like the power to speak to – but not with – fictional characters, so that when I yell, for example, “Don’t open that door!” at the screen while watching a movie, the character will hear me and not open the door. And then the whole plot of the movie will change because they didn’t do what they were supposed to do. And if I use my power correctly, I could watch the same movie over and over again but never actually see the same movie twice.

I can see it now: Prince Eric will actually kiss the girl smiling at him from the other side of the boat. And she’ll speak. And the bird will think it was all his doing (because he was singing about kissing the girl). And Ursula will be so upset at losing her prize that she’ll find a way to attack them with an army, even though they’re not on the sea, and The Little Mermaid will turn into a creepy ocean-zombie war story, and…

On second thought, I’d like to fly.

Sherri Rose
    Hutchmate
    @sherrirose

Super powers? Hmmmm. . .I was talking to @jroseyokel today and said that I would like to have super powers where my brain can function like a GPS. If I can concentrate on a place I’ll know where it is.

Maybe my love of water but I’d like to breathe underwater. I’m still scared of sharks though so I have no idea how to get around that…

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

@dwbaker Shark repellant spray!

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

@wonderseeker [ETA the spoiler box wasn’t working. Have you read the Wingfeather Saga?]

My choice would probably be to slip out of time, like what happens when the Pevensies went to Narnia each time. My other one would be the ability to breathe the oxygen in water and relieve the pressure from diving deep so I can swim further, longer, and deeper.

Christine
    Hutchmate
    @winterfinch

Oops, @tomhenderson and @dwbaker. I guess I had the same ideas as you guys and didn’t read the forum well enough before I posted. 🙂

Definitely teleportation. Being able to instantly be anywhere I want would make life awesome. I could visit all the places I’ve ever wanted to see without having to pay for an airplane ticket. I would NOT want to be able to read people’s thoughts. Seriously, sounds scary. I know how dark my thoughts can be, I don’t need to know about anyone else’s! Being able to breathe in water might be cool, would be a fun way to travel as well!

@winterfinch, I’m glad someone else wanted to breathe underwater. Maybe we could fight off the sharks in numbers. 😉

@winterfinch Yes….Yes I have. I fully blame AP for adding to my infatuation with wings and haveing wings in order to fly.

I need to read them again though! I took it in all in a rush and I really need to take the time to read them more slowly and to properly digest them 😀

The One True Stickman
    Hutchmate
    @theonetruestickman

I think mine is a toss-up between typing telepathically or being able to focus and single-task on one thing without being distracted unless it’s actually important. (That’s probably the harder one.) Something that doesn’t have a huge moral obligation tied to it like Superman or Spiderman.

Flying would definitely be cool, though. And Teleportation would be great for long distance travel but I know I would get lazy and use it every day just for convenience and I’d be back reading this article by @guynameddave and feeling guilty.

They call me.... thread killer.

@kaitlynluce I am with you. I would like to be able to teleport. I’d never miss a cool event again.

I’d also like to be able to pause time for the obvious napping purposes.

I think if I could have a superpower I would want it to always be to be able to say the right thing at the right time, which would obviously include knowing when to say nothing at all…and actually doing it.

Teleportation with a time travel button (just in case I am running late)  would be a second choice.

Laure Hittle
    Hutchmate
    @mrs-hittle

I think if I could have a superpower I would want it to always be to be able to say the right thing at the right time, which would obviously include knowing when to say nothing at all…and actually doing it.

Oh man. i wish i had this.

Miss Mary
    Hutchmate
    @missmary

Me too, that is why I thought of it.

Scully
    Hutchmate
    @newcreature

I think it’s apropos that my first-ever post on this forum is in this thread …

(yay necroposting!)

So, a bit of context: I like coming up with super powers for people — specifically, though, super powers that holistically encapsulates who they are as a person (i.e. personality, things important to them, things they’re good at, things they’re known for, etc.). This obviously requires me to know them pretty well first.

Well, I did this for myself. And so, instead of posting what super power I’d WANT, I’m gonna post the super power that better encapsulates who I am as a person …

I’d be able to teleport myself and anything non-living (equaling around my mass) anywhere within the rage of a mile, and when I “pop” into place, I can cause myself (and whatever I teleported with me) to “hang” in the air for up to ~3 seconds (this is optional). While hanging, I can move slightly (fingers, toes, mouth, eyes … I can talk, grip things, etc.), or I can totally freeze myself. If I do, I become wholly impervious and impossible to move (i.e. a car slamming into me would crumple, but I’d be fine and feel nothing). Also, by force of will, I can push the limits of my power: increasing my range, teleporting more mass and even living things, as well as increasing the length of time that I can freeze/hang. The more I stretch myself, however, the greater the “feedback” is: anywhere from a mild headache, to a searing migraine, to a coma, or even becoming brain dead, or dying. That said, like a muscle, I can train my power — and the more I work it out, the easier it becomes to do more!

I’d have so much fun just flitting about, though, hanging upside down and saying “hi!”, then flitting away~

As an old slogan of mine goes, “Silly, yet Satisfying”. For, as much as I can be silly, I’m always serious — even in my play (The Weight of Glory, anyone?).

@newcreature That is fascinating! Now i need to think about what superpower i would have that encapsulates my person. i bet mine would actually be really similar to yours, except that instead of apparating myself and any nonliving matter, i’d apparate myself and any relevant lore. i like that you also included the cost of such a feat. That’s important. The cost i currently experience in my non-super version of this power is that i can be easily summoned virtually, so i bet the super version would be that i could be summoned materially. …which makes me think of Edmund in Prince Caspian saying “Now we know what it feels like for the Jinn!” XD

Scully
    Hutchmate
    @newcreature

@mrs-hittle, now I’m imagining a Jinn having tea and crumpets, all proper and such, when suddenly!!!

-the Jinn appears, holding a teacup halfway to lips-
    -slowly lowers it with a disgruntled expression-
    JINN: -sigh- “Really, we must set a schedule for these things.”

… and now I know why Jinn’s don’t have pants (or lower bodies, for that matter). Otherwise they could be summoned when going to the bathroom, and caught with their pants down.

What exactly do you mean by “lore, though”? Just knowledge? Or something more …? That’s actually kinda fascinating, especially for a power in a Narnia-esque kids book. Cuz it’s kinda like you’d always have the knowledge needed to solve a situation, but that doesn’t mean you know how to put it together! Perfect for a “group adventure”, where you each have an ability that can be super powerful, but only when combined with somebody else’s knowledge/skill/etc. Synergy, eh?

A superpower that encapsulates a personality…what an intriguing idea. I’ll have to think about that one.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.