My Epic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Ben
    Hutchmate
    @benjikunz

How many Rabbit Room peeps listen to My Epic? They just announced two new EPs, Ultraviolet and Violence, and released a new track called “Of Wilderness” which is one of the best things I’ve heard so far this year.

This band has become my personal favorite in the last couple years. I can think of very few bands that combine such tight musicianship with such poetic, Gospel-centered lyrics. They’re some of the most solid guys in the game right now. The above song is also one of the most thought-provoking musings on true faith that I’ve heard in awhile.

Wow! This is my kind of music, and I’d never heard of this band before. Thanks so much for the heads-up, Ben — I’ve grabbed the single and their first album (how could I resist with a song called “Perelandra”?) off Apple Music for an attentive car-listening later.

Ben
    Hutchmate
    @benjikunz

Wow! This is my kind of music, and I’d never heard of this band before. Thanks so much for the heads-up, Ben — I’ve grabbed the single and their first album (how could I resist with a song called “Perelandra”?) off Apple Music for an attentive car-listening later.

So glad you like it R.J.! Their first album is sooo good, but they get better and better. Behold is one of my favorite albums of all-time and it’s definitely their most worshipful album. Broken Voice is also a lot softer and stripped down if you like that kind of stuff. I’d highly recommend reading the lyrics while listening to any of their stuff… they’re mind-blowingly good.

Turns out I really liked the new single but not so much that first album, which was a lot closer to hard rock/metal than the indie vibe I was getting from “Of Wilderness”. Maybe I’ll check out “Broken Voice” later, though, since you say it’s softer, and I’ll be interested to hear more tracks from the new album when they’re out.

Ben
    Hutchmate
    @benjikunz

Turns out I really liked the new single but not so much that first album, which was a lot closer to hard rock/metal than the indie vibe I was getting from “Of Wilderness”. Maybe I’ll check out “Broken Voice” later, though, since you say it’s softer, and I’ll be interested to hear more tracks from the new album when they’re out.

Oh man! I really meant to clarify that some of their music was on the heavier side in that first post. So sorry! I think you’d definitely like Broken Voice a lot if you like the single. It’s all acoustic based. Behold is tamer too other than a few songs, and I think you’d probably like “Memoir” off their latest EP Viscera.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I’m familiar with the band, though they aren’t in my personal repertoire. My brother Thunan admires them more than I. Lower Still is probably the best one I’ve heard, a tale of the shameful humility (and then glorious ascension) of our Lord.

Andy
    Hutchmate
    @andytate

@benjikunz

One of the best bands out there! Havn’t heard much from them I have not liked. The profundity of their lyrics and their masterful musicianship astounds me at times. The mood of the music tends to tell the story of the lyrics as well which as always been beautiful to me. Can’t wait for these albums!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.